Rooster Master LingQ - The Ultimate LingQ Enhancement Tool

I was trying to join the Master LingQ Discord server, but it seems the invite link isn’t valid anymore.

1 Like

Thanks, have fixed that

3 Likes

If I purchase Rooster Master LingQ will I get many web extensions to install individually? I think having the option to purchase the individual extensions can be still good for those who don’t want to pay for the full bundle. If I pay for the full bundle though, it would be nice to have all the tools in a single install. Are you looking forward to providing this soon?

1 Like

All the MasterLingQ tools are bundled with YouTube tools. Other video websites are single install right now. The software is constantly changing so adding more tools to the main zip is probable.

2 Likes

One instal seems a great idea.
Making it simple(r) will helps a lot of users.

2 Likes

I have a suggestion. I don’t know if this is already available or not and how easy it would be to implement. Some tools allow to select T + 1 sentences while sentence mining from a video or text. This allows making input more comprehensible. Instead of studying each sentence, you basically filter only the sentences in which you know all words except 1, in that way it is much easier to learn that word since you need to focus only on 1 word at a time and you might guess the meaning from the context.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll add this to the MasterLingQ menu and edit this post when it’s done

2 Likes

I can see Netflix, Disney+, Viki and Spotify being included in the main install at some point. Installing the extensions isn’t too hard after you’ve figured out the first one but it is on the to-do-list

3 Likes

ML 1.430
New Feature: Course Extractor
Download each lessons audio, image and text as a subtitle file. (Firefox)

ML 1.424
New Feature: Duplicate Lesson
Import an exact copy of a shared lesson for personal use. (Books, Mini stories, Youtube videos, etc).

duplicategif

ML 1.421
New Feature: Sentence filtering for LingQ Lessons.

Available Options:

1. Filter by Words or Phrases
  2. Filter by Status of Word/Phrase (e.g. 1-4, known, new)
  3. Filter by occurrences in the sentences. (e.g. 2 new words)
  4. Filter the Inverse of your selection. (e.g. hide all sentences with 2 new words)

sentencefiltergif

Available as a main lesson filter or as a split screen alternative

5 Likes

I have a feature request – downloading/extracting text from e-book sites that don’t have export functions. There is only one large website for books in Hebrew that have both e-book and audio book formats: https://www.e-vrit.co.il/. I would be happy to purchase the e-book and the audio book to make a private lesson in LingQ, but I can’t enter the text into LingQ. The reading is done through their website (https://read.e-vrit.co.il/) or a phone app. Is there any way to extract the text? Thanks!

2 Likes

@OldSchoolB

Thanks for the request.

Edit:

I had a look at that website and logged their method for returning the book data.

There is a multi step process where you send requests with your device id and the end result is a blob of the book.

Unfortunately, this file is invalid through normal epub/pdf readers. There is some backend process on the website that fixes the file.

My next thought was to scrape the data from the webpage elements. Whoever designed this put a lot of thought into it, because the characters are decoded using some cipher and are worthless without the key.

Attempt to map the characters

So at this stage you likely need to screenshot each page and use some OCR software to extract the text.

2 Likes

This extension keeps getting better and better! Great job! Молодец!

1 Like

OK, thanks Rooster, it’s helpful to know that there isn’t a quick solution.

2 Likes

Hi! I am using your extension for YLE and it works really well!! Do you have another one that would work on ARD Mediathek?

2 Likes

I’ll see about adding that website, it looks very good.

4 Likes

MasterLingQ Patches 400 - 500 Summary

2 May 2024 - 7 July 2024

With the release of MasterLingQ V1.500 I thought to take a moment to list the improvements made to the software over the past 100 patches / 9 weeks.

NEW FEATURES

• MasterLingQ
  • Translate lesson using DeepL/GPT/Google
  • Download and Import Audio Streams from Youtube as the lesson audio
  • Opened Whisper Transcribe Youtube Playlists feature to all users
  • Sentence filtering based on word status and amount of words of certain status (LingQ Reader)
  • Create exact copies of lessons/courses that aren’t yours for editing purposes
  • ZIP and Download entire courses (Lesson ZIP already existed)
  • Rename Course and Lesson GUI with a bunch of options
  • Significant improvements to Rooster Reader

• Video Tools
  • Machine Translation and Subtitle Generator for 50+ languages
  • Word Level translation Overlay (word translation above/below the word in the captions)
  • Word Level Timestamp approximations and GUI
  • Time Differential (Captions timing can be adjusted to be shown before or after the audio)
  • Youtube Audio Splitting and chunked transcribing, import the parts of the video you need
  • Pause for X seconds after each caption
  • Auto Ignore Names/Places/Hint-less words while watching preference
  • Lesson Words side panel with filtering options
  • Load Custom Font via URL
  • Load Custom Background Image via URL, adjust its size and point of focus
  • Line Stroke Order Diagram and GIF for Chinese
  • Individual Character Definitions and their Pinyin for Chinese

NEW RELEASES

• Netflix Tools Chrome
  • Disney+ Tools Chrome
  • ARD Mediathek Firefox
  • 6Play Firefox
  • IQIYI Firefox
  • Weverse Firefox (re-release)
  • Stan Firefox (re-release)

New Website, Feature and Bug Fix requests can be made on the MasterLingQ Discord

All Updates
  • Added Youtube Tools Firefox 1.273 - 1.221
  • Added Youtube Tools Chrome 1.112 - 1.64
  • Added Netflix Tools Firefox 1.179 - 1.128
  • Added Netflix Tools Chrome 1.49 - Initial Release
  • Added Disney+ Tools Firefox 1.133 - 1.81
  • Added Disney+ Tools Chrome 1.34 - Initial Release
  • Added Viki Tools 2.67 - 2.24
  • Added Amazon Tools 1.124 - 1.84
  • Added YLE Areena Tools 1.92 - 1.53
  • Added Rooster Reader Firefox/Chrome/Edge 1.66 - 1.28
  • Added ARD Mediathek Tools 1.37 - Initial Release
  • Added IQIYI Tools 1.35 - Initial Release
  • Added Weverse Tools 2.25 - 1.50 - Re-release
  • Added 6Play Tools 1.23 - Initial Release
  • Added Animelon Tools 1.44 - 1.12
  • Added Stan Tools 2.27 - 1.26 - Re-release
  • Added Britbox Tools 1.56 - 1.29
  • Added Paramount+ Tools 1.47 - 1.29
  • Added MegaTV Tools 1.52 - 1.29
  • Added CrunchyRoll Tools 1.51 - 1.30
  • Added Dailymotion Tools 1.26 - 1.42
  • Added Udemy Tools FF/Chrome 1.37 - 1.22
  • Added FinnishMe Tools FF/Chrome 1.37 - 1.24
  • Added Foxtel Tools Chrome 1.39 - 1.24
  • Added (HBO) Max Tools 1.30 - 1.24 (to be reworked)
  • Added Hulu Tools 1.29 - 1.23 (to be reworked)
  • Added NPO Tools 1.44 - 1.21
4 Likes

You have been busy! Thanks!

Post must be at least 20 characters.

2 Likes

Amazing what you have been working on. I have felt in love ever since the very first time I came to the forum and saw these tools. I can’t thank you enough. You are a legend!

3 Likes

So glad I found this extension and made the acquaintance of its developer - and Lingq user. This extension truly adds to the value of LIngq, and it is constantly being enhanced. It is more useful than ever! Thank you Mr. Burton.

2 Likes

Thanks for your great work and continuous updates for the plugin.

Is there any plan to include a plugin for DR.DK? This is the best source for Danish free TV. This would make Rooster Master Lingq the undisputed king of Danish learning :slight_smile:

2 Likes