Major update to lessons organization, tutoring functionality and much more

Clicking on ‘full text’ doesn’t do anything and clicking on ‘classic’ gives me an error 500. Please revive the classic view. I don’t want to swipe after every sentence.

Admittedly I’m slightly annoyed at the fact that for a website that doesn’t have a good track-record of producing functional, bug-free updates, you seem to be playing around with the site an awful lot.

‘classic’ works now. On the other hand, I can’t see the comment I just posted here, yet I see four greyed-out phantom comments, text invisible, since before I posted.

Thanks, I’ll add that issue to our bugs list. It shouldn’t work that way. And, we’ll figure out how to add in a tool like the one you describe for blocking out specific dates/times. Keep the suggestions coming!

Once in My Lessons, there is a switch to toggle between seeing Courses or Lessons.

Where can I see all courses at a certain level, excluding the ones I already completed?

Mark, I made some posts and had some links in it, but the posts aint appearing. Is it a new rule or a bug?

@Lucas43 - Yes. there are problems with posts containing links not displaying right now. It’s a bug and we’re working on it. Sorry!

@Lucas43 - Yes, there is a bug affecting posts with links in them. We are working on it. Sorry!

@Car2017 - Just do a blank search and you will see all courses. Sort using the level switch.

I posted about this in the support forum for proper follow-up. The tabs are there, but at the bottom and covered by the panel containing the lesson feed content. Only f I choose a feed topic with fewer items are the tabs are visible and usable…

I have not gone through all the features of this update. But one thing has changed which has really affected the way I use this website. Now I need to go into a menu to access the translation. So every time I highlight a word or click on a word to see its meaning, I need to go into the menu, rather than just having the translation icon next to the “full text” icon. I do not know if this has been done done on purpose or if it is some kind of bug, but please could this be changed back to the way it was? It may seem like a small thing but it really makes things much more difficult. Thanks for reading my post and hopefully this can be changed

Yeah, it’s fixed, thanks.
Please, check my post in “I can’t see new/my post” thread, showing some other problems I found.

I can no longer find past “writing exchanges,” namely filtered to a particular language (Dutch). Where did they all go? Is there no longer a way to filter the writing exchange to a particular language? This used to be on the “friends” page and you could filter by language and find all the past writing exchanges in a particular language. Now all that functionality appears to be gone. (I’ve also been trying to edit and save this message, but the save function isn’t working, so I’m having to delete and repost my message instead.)

And paging down forever and ever on the ‘exchange’ page is intermittent. Loading and stopping and loading and stopping. I can’t think of a more inefficient way for that page to work than to have to go through ALL languages instead of just the one language you are actually looking for. Who thought this was a good idea? The old way was nicer and better. Just watch the first part of Steve’s video from five years ago entitled ‘Exchange.’ Getting Started on LingQ: Exchange, Profile, Avatar, Speak, Tutoring - YouTube

See the select language button (set to Spanish) toward the top of the page? How did that get lost from the functionality?

Eventually lingq.com just stops responding. Gee, I wonder why?

Also when I right click on ‘replies’ on the Exchange page and tell it to open in a new tab, nothing happens.

Sorry JACK318 but it was felt that we had to declutter that page and those resources which actually appear for very few lessons on the site were moved inside the menu dropdown. We are sorry this impacts your learning flow so much and understand it’s frustrating. What we ask is that you try it in the dropdown for a while which you will hopefully get used to and, while not quite as convenient, might not be too bad in the end.

And the Help page on Exchange describes how the Exchange page used to work. And I don’t know what you mean when you say that the Exchange posts are now limited to “free” posts. What happened to the point system?

The fact is that the Exchange page, as it was set up previously, was a little used page. It tried to do too much and most users didn’t really understand what it did. We considered removing it completely, but, instead, we made the decision to reduce the number of things that were happening there and to focus on writing correction, which was by far, the most used function there. At the same time, as part of our Tutors update, we moved paid, longer form, writing correction to the Tutors page, leaving free, short writing submissions on the Writing Exchange so that members could interact and help each other there for free.
With such little activity, it felt like we didn’t need a language switch although it’s something we could re-introduce at some point. Unfortunately, you will have to scroll down to access past submissions. In the long run, those previous exchange submissions along with a language filter should reappear on the My Activities list under Tutors. Although future writing exchange requests will not.

Forum display issues should be fixed now. Sorry about that.