Major update to lessons organization, tutoring functionality and much more

@Yutaka

Good to here from you. I received this forum message by email (notification). However there is nothing on my wall. No notification about this private message. I am currently in the Chinese section. What I meant in my earlier post was “I don’t receive members’ messages on my wall and they don’t receive my messages on theirs”. That sentence was a mess.

The last post I can see on my wall is from July 17. Earlier posts are incomplete to my understanding. I’ll try your wall. The last post there is from July 1. I sent you a short message both as a private message and as a public message.

@ MarkEChavez
Whenever I go to this thread, your comment comes up. Are you a bot? Great job as such.
If you think this is sarcastic, you are right. That’s just the way your super cool comment feels like for me.

I got notification for the rose :slight_smile:

@alleray

I cannot see your two messages on my wall.
The last message is still the one I received on July first.

@alleray

No notifications about the arrival of the two messages sent from you.

Yes, I receive notification only for forum posts too.

“June 2018 at 13:33” is the data on the last message on your wall.
It does not show the date.

Yes, I also have last merssages before this horrible update - after that no messages from anybody and perhaps no my messages on the other’s wall.
For example, I sent to you Reinhard a message 3 days ago. Did you receive it on your wall?
And I receive notifications that someone gave me a rose, but if I press ‘view a rose’ to say ‘thanks’ for a rose, I receive only this stupide sentence - ‘request doesn’t exist or is private’, so I can 't communication with my rose ‘givers’. It also irritates me.

This data is not in my list of messages; from June 30 on it shows date and time, earlier it shows only month and year plus time. Strange!

Can you thank the roses you get? I can’t, I always get a message saying " Request doesn’t exist or is private "

Yes. the same with me! And it irritates me a lot!

Same here.

As a result, no one can book your lesson. When they hit “book” they get the “unavailable service” message.

@mark

“You should now be able to post on all members’ walls”

Does this mean that you observed that some of us who had no administrator’s accounts were really able to post on more than one member’s wall?

“I can see posts on your walls, at least public posts. I seem to be able to post and see posts.”

It seems that only posters can see the messages they have posted. But I suppose that so-called superusers of the UNIX system can see any documents in the system.

“At the beta test stage, the product has already passed through the first-level, internal pilot-test (alpha test) and glaring defects have been removed. But (since the product may still have some minor problems that require user participation) it is released to selected customers for testing under normal, everyday conditions of use to spot the remaining flaws.”

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/beta-test.html

You can just use your browser “Find” function. I see you have 3 posts on this page. It may have been another thread you posted on before. We will connect the number of posts shown in your profile here with a list of your posts so that you can find your posts and others’ posts like you could before.

You book the sessions and then schedule them when you do so. You can schedule them in the current week or future weeks, whatever you like. The tutor has to confirm the times you request. If either of you find the times inconvenient in the future, you can always request a change in time/date. It is easy and flexible. All you are really doing is committing to five discussions at some point.

@marwood - You can see all conversations on the My Activities tab under Tutors. Your activities as a tutor are shown in grey. You will see a Join button for all scheduled conversations with instructions and student details. Once the conversation starts, you will see a button to create and send the conversation report.

@alleray - Yes, we are hoping to push a fix for this tomorrow.

@KatysLanguages - We are hoping to have this fixed tomorrow. Thanks for sending us your account information.

@alleray, yutaka - Are you saying you aren’t seeing posts on your walls? I can see posts on your walls, at least public posts. I seem to be able to post and see posts. Or, are you saying you aren’t getting notifications? I see this issue as well and we will fix it.