How to cancel my membership?

Hi all,
I know it sounds like a silly question but I can’t get hold of the option. I have a tab opened pointing to Account in Settings and there’s absolutely nothing called cancel or anything related thereof. I can upgrade, change my bank details, but I cannot downgrade.
I already had that problem in the past, and I remember I had to sort it out by cancelling the payment ON PAYPAL. I had to get in touch with the support on several occasions for this very reason.
Could someone from LingQ see to that? If I want to cancel, I shouldn’t have to hunt high and low for the bloody option, that’s preposterous.
I checked the forum out of curiosity and I realized I wasnt the only one mentioning the problem. Turns out on several occasions Zoran had to MANUALLY cancel the membership. Seriously guys?
I’m sorry for the contemptuous tone of my message but ain’t the first time it occurs and I just dont get why the problem hasn’t been fixed yet…tbh I think business-wise it really sends the wrong message.

5 Likes

Hello Zoran, could you cancel my membership too?
Thanks for the effort.

2 Likes

@Zoran

hello everyone

I have been enjoying learning Italian on Lingq. I recently purchased the lifetime membership with the notion that I would no longer need to make additional payments to learn Italian on lingq.

However, I have just been charged 138.47 for my previous Premium 12 plan for a period of May 03, 2023 to May 03, 2024. I had believed that purchasing the lifetime membership would cancel my previous membership and I was not aware that I could have two plans at the same time. I would like to cancel the premium 12 membership and get my money back for the charge of 138.47 to my credit card on may 3rd. I only want the lifetime membership for which I already paid $285 Canadian

warm regards
Thank you.

3 Likes

@Zoran After troubleshooting for the last 45 minutes I still have no Idea how to cancel my premium12 plan and go back to my lifetime membership. Can you help me out with this? thank you, it looks like you are doing a lot to help on this forum.

2 Likes

@Sterling99 I took care of it for you and refunded the payment. From now on, you are on Italian Lifetime plan only.

2 Likes

@Milica607 Sure, I took care of it for you.

1 Like

many thanks!!

1 Like

@Zoran
Please cancel my membership

1 Like

@jimmy_no_thumbs Sure, I took care of it for you.

1 Like

hi I want to cancel my membership too but I just can’t find any option for it

1 Like

I also want to cancel my membership and be refunded for what I didn’t use. Thanks.

1 Like

@Chrisnawalking I canceled your subscription and your account will drop to the Free level after your paid period expires. Unfortunately, your payment is no longer eligible for a refund since it was made more than 3 months ago.

1 Like

@BelovedSantoryu I took care of it for you.

1 Like

Why there’s no option to cancel subscription other than… writing on a forum (!). Please cancel mine. Thank you.

(You can reimburse me for the 15 minutes of my life that I spent looking for this option in various menus and in the FAQ. Mind that in normal apps it takes few seconds.)

4 Likes

@forrestus I took care of it for you. The option to cancel is under the “Change Plan” button on the Account Settings page.

1 Like

@mitsu2020 Your subscription is now canceled and your account will drop to Free plan after your current paid period expires, in July 2023. Your last payment was made back in July 2022 and is no longer eligible for a refund.

1 Like

Please cancel my membership

1 Like

I want to cancel my account please, there is no way to do that in my account.

2 Likes

@elbuho It’s taken care of.

1 Like

@jessedean Done!

1 Like