Extension: Rooster Spotify Playlist Importer - Import Playlist Lyrics and Audio as LingQ courses

ROOSTER WEB EXTENSIONS CATALOGUE

Rooster Spotify Playlist Importer
Browser extension to create LingQ Lessons from Spotify/Buzzsprout/ListenNotes Playlists.

OVERVIEW
→ The Official LingQ Importer Extension cannot import from Spotify.
→ Downloads the lyrics, audio, thumbnail and relevant information from each song/podcast in the playlist and creates a LingQ lesson.
→ This extension is included with Master LingQ Premium

SETUP
Language (Comes prefilled depending on your LingQ preferences)
Lesson Difficulty (Standard LingQ Lesson choices)
Course ID (Enter LingQ CourseID, find course in the dropdown menu or create a new course)
Playlist URL (Enter Spotify Playlist URL)

PLAYLIST IMPORT VIDEO

INSTALL
Spotify Playlist Importer Premium is only available to supporters of Rooster. Please see Early Access links. For individual free use see Rooster Import.

PATCH NOTES

→ Added new Audio import method for Spotify

→ Temporarily removed audio from Spotify Imports. (The API I was using has blocked access. I will find a new method in a future patch)
→ Added Uncheck/Check all podcast boxes to buzzsprout/listen notes podcast page importer

1.14 → Added ‘ListenNotes’ Website as a podcast playlist option. Added episode import menu for ListenNotes.

1.13 → Added Podcast playlist Import & Transcribe

• This utilizes the Podcast hosting website buzzsprout to easily access meta data and audio from each podcast episode. These are sent one at a time to LingQ every 6 minutes for transcription.

(Use this URL) https://www.buzzsprout.com/1750921 | (Get Podcast URLS from here) https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/1750921.rss

All Patch Notes

→ Temporarily removed audio from Spotify Imports. (The API I was using has blocked access. I will find a new method in a future patch)
→ Added Uncheck/Check all podcast boxes to buzzsprout/listen notes podcast page importer
1.14 → Added ‘ListenNotes’ Website as a podcast playlist option. Added episode import menu for ListenNotes.
1.13 → Added Podcast playlist Import & Transcribe (example.) https://www.buzzsprout.com/1750921
1.12 → Support for URL types ‘open.spotify.com/playlist’ || ‘open.spotify.com/collection/tracks’ || ‘open.spotify.com/album
1.11 → Now Imports the Audio from each track
1.10 → Initial Release

2 Likes

ROOSTER SPOTIFY PLAYLIST IMPORTER FREE

Version 1.10 of Rooster Spotify Playlist Importer has been released for free.
It has the same features as the premium version but doesn’t import the audio.

Note - Please uninstall Rooster Import extension (If installed) before using this.

MANUAL INSTALL - FIREFOX

I was wondering what to do about the times when I want to do single imports for Spotify songs and videos (that need transcription) if the import extension has to be uninstalled for the playlist importers to work.

Am I missing something, or would that mean “giving up on” single imports for a playlist import extension?

Sorry if I missed something!

1 Like

Currently it is just a compatibility issue. Spotify Playlist Importer and Solo importer share some variables and the code for each isn’t isolated yet. You can have both downloaded and just add/remove as required. Should have that issue fixed sooner or later.

1 Like