[bug] "Show Translation" effectively broken

The past couple days “Show Translation” provides a translation within 10 seconds less than half the time.

It may also respond to the target sentence in the target language instead of translating it.

My guess is that “Show Translation” now calls an AI and the request is timing out or the AI isn’t being prompted properly.

This is annoying and wastes my time. I wish LingQ would go back to the previous arrangement.

–Window 10, Brave

6 Likes

I have noticed this too. Also the arrow to change the translation between Deepl, Chat GPT and Google Translate does not work when clicking on it.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed this too.

1 Like

Also noticed same issue. I have tried changing which translation is used (Google, Chat GPT), same issue

1 Like

Yep, same issue. It doesn’t depend on the AI (chatGPT) because I thought that too and changed it for Google Translate a couple of days ago I believe.

I need to click multiple times before a translation shows up.

PLUS, I preferred when there was a wheel turning indicating that something was moving or searching, rather than having no clues. But who cares, right?

2 Likes

I too have experienced this. When opening the developer tools in the browser, it shows HTTP 403 error on translation requests.

1 Like

Yes, it seemed to me there was such an indicator in the past, but I wasn’t sure.

Thanks for mentioning this.

1 Like

We are looking into this. Thanks for your patience.

5 Likes

I see the translation bug has been fixed. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Yes, should be back to normal now. Thanks again for your patience.

3 Likes

If “Show Translation” doesn’t work, try restarting your browser then going to the LingQ web page fresh.

That worked for me.