YouTube import failing due to lack of captions?

Youtube had been importing fine for me as long as the videos had captions. Today, however, all the imports are failing because the Lingq import app on Chrome says there are no captions. I tried on about 5 videos WITH captions and it continues to fail.

Any advice?

I had the same issue. I tried importing several videos that weren’t a problem before, but now Youtube importing with the Chrome extension isn’t working.

Same here - it seems the import extension is getting worse. Although, on the plus side - at least we know immediately the import isn’t working… Before I had to wait a half hour for it to fail inside the app.

It would be nice to spend all this time learning a language rather than tinkering with this silly app.

Still can’t import any content after three weeks.

I feel very sorry. You tube import doesn´t work any longer.

Seconded; I’m having the same issue

Same. Never used to have any problems but now I can’t import anything. It says no captions. Devs, any updates concerning a fix?

After having read about the “captions” thing, I assumed that “captions” meant the subtitles.
I personally don’t trust “automatically generated” subtitles and have only ever imported videos that have subtitles created by the video producer themselves (i.e. not automatically generated). And I actually only very rarely have problems importing videos.
So after reading this post, I tried (on about 30 or 40 videos, I estimate) whether there is a difference between automatically and manually created subtitles. And actually: I had no problems with the videos with the manually created subtitles, but almost always with the automatically created ones.
Personally, that doesn’t bother me because the automatically created subtitles are usually terrible anyway and would also create terrible text for LingQ, which is why, as I already mentioned, I don’t import such videos. I’m posting this here anyway because apparently many people here do see a problem.
So this posting is primarily intended as a hint to the programmers at LingQ about the possible nature of the bug.

same here. it was importing fine for awhile then this happened. Any ideas on when this will be fixed? i really like LingQ but looking at other alternatives going forward

Same here. It was importing fine on the Safari browswer a few days ago. I was then prompted to download the latest update to the LingQ Importing extension today, and now it doesn’t work.

All imports failed imediately last night and just now, almost 24 hours later. An error dialogue pops up in YouTube.

Same here. YouTube import is not working either on desktop or mobile. The error message for desktop says lack of captions and for mobile it says check your internet.

Sorry about that, everyone. I reported the issue to our team. Thanks for your patience.

I have thesame problem from max 2-3 days

We were able to identify the issue on our end and we will push a fix hopefully tomorrow.

same problem / my chrome browser is latest version also. and reinstalled lingq extension… but ain’t working!

Can you give it another try now and let me know if you see any improvement? Thanks.

Does not for me(Automoted transcript). I saw various error messages:

  1. Error: Importing failed - No JSON object could be decoded
  2. Error: Importing failed - No captions found
  3. Error: Importing failed - Not available.

These errors are from importing the same video.

For Whisper AI, the imported reports the import completed, not sure if it really success. Still waiting for LingQ to process it.

Still failing for the same reason.

Still not working for me as well