Updates to LingQ 5

@JuanSpada - 1) I have passed your feedback along 2) We will continue to try to identify issues and optimize here 3) Not sure what you mean here. Just close the lesson to return to the Library.

@JuanSpada - Text width seems to be working fine for us. Can you provide a screenshot or more details of the issue you are having?

Regarding 3), this has been posted a few weeks back already and I agree with it too. In v4 when you finished a lesson you could proceed to the next lesson. If there was no next lesson you could click ā€œback to libraryā€ or something like that. Now in v5 when you donā€™t have a new lesson there is no button to automatically go back ro the library (only suggested readings). Rather you have to close the popup and then manually click on the lessons tab while you see the text of the lesson you just read. It just feels unnatural and weird. Like you havenā€™t properly finished/closed the lesson.

Ahhā€¦I understand now. Yes, you do have to close the popup and click Library. Weā€™ll see if there is a good way of doing this that doesnā€™t increase clutter.

Thanks for the detail, we can see that now. I have reported the issue.

Sorry, but donā€™t find any update button in the Android app. Is there a general update rolled out to all my devices if I go to the website and try to update there?

Perhaps an Android user can reply with a better answer but if the app isnā€™t updating automatically, if you search for the LingQ app in the Google Play store, you will see whether there is a new version for you to update to or not.

I use android, and unless you have auto-updates enabled in the Play Store, youā€™ll have to go to the app page or to the available updates page to update the app.

Sorry for bumping the thread. But I realize my description was rather bad. I should have given you the command lines! Since I missed your reply, this comes too late, but Iā€™ll post them anyways, just in case.

(Itā€™s a different word, but everything remains as described above)
The browser seems to make two pertinent requests, translated to curl those are:

Result (good):

The 2nd request is:
Result:

A different word ā€œå› ē‚ŗā€, works fine:

By the way, maybe you could update the API documentation? Contents: ā€” LingQ 1.0 documentation
Getting the ā€œhintsā€ isnā€™t documented for the v2 API.

There appears to be a bug somewhere. At least once a day I get the following error "Something went wrong. Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜getā€™) (see pic) error hosted at ImgBB ā€” ImgBB

Any idea where you are seeing this error or what might be causing it?

Many improvements have been made to Lingq 5, however I still find the sidebars extremely narrow. Twice I pasted screenshots about this problem in the forum ( Imgur: The magic of the Internet ). I wish I could get some feedback about this

Hi,
There are no old lingQ ver.4 i-phone apps for learning one language in the App Store. So I need to use the latest version in some time.
Iā€™m still using an old i-phone (iPhone 7, but the software is always updated to the latest version). Iā€™ve been trying to use the latest app for learning one language again (Russian). I havenā€™t used it for a long time, but it seems to work.
Yet, as a language user who finds the old version LingQ especially useful, it would be great if some functions which the old version have would make a comeback or could be customized. This is what I maybe previously posted, so Iā€™m sorry for repeating it again.

1. copy & paste
    In the latest version, there is no copy & paste function. In the old version, I use that so much for writing down in the memo (very, very helpful!) and for searching in the Safari. When I look up the meaning of words and put a dictionary button within LingQ, it sometimes, not always, takes much more time to show the results. Very slow. Then I copy the words and look up the meaning of in the Safari directly (not within LingQ), then I succeed. Iā€™m not sure why it happens (due to the pop-up system in LingQ or the webserver?). Anyway, I want to get the copy & paste function.
  2. dictionary
    In the latest version, dictionary buttons are a little hard to use. For me, the buttons are small. I always use multiple dictionaries to confirm different meanings (very, very useful!). At the beginner level, a few translation candidates shown in the box might be OK, but at the higher level, it is not.
    I guess that the reason for the change in the latest version is that the popping-up of several dictionary buttons in the previous version could prevent users from focusing on reading. Many users may like the latest version, but it may be better for me that the function of dictionaries could be modified or customized.
    Always thank you for LingQ!

I liked a possibility to open recent lessons from 4 last courses. Fortunately my app is not updated automatically thus I can use this function in the app.
Why did you delete it in the web version?

I have no idea how to check if a lesson was already listened. I donā€™t want to open lessons just to check their couters. Because in this case I will become much more mess in the list of my lessons.

The start page looks like I opened a web browser with a lot of useless news. My brainā€™s reaction: itā€™s next add which have to be skipped.

Unfortunately I didnā€™t find the classic view.

The notifications window is too small and narrow. I have no idea which notifications are new and which are old.

Thanks God I have the app not updated.
Sorry.

to copy to clipboard in the Lingq5 iOS reader you need to press-and-hold the word/phrase in the pop up box

No, it appears at random. Just now, I had a similar error screen saying ā€œfalse is not definedā€ā€¦it appeared when I tried to assign a tag to a word and it is reproducible (3x). Essentially, I cannot assign an established tag to a word (established meaning I have used that tag before): error2 hosted at ImgBB ā€” ImgBB Edit: Seems unrelated to that particular word. I cannot tag anything right nowā€¦ :frowning:

The issue does not resolve after logging out and in again. It is also not restricted to that one lesson (basically no tagging for me todayā€¦)ā€¦

If you click the Courses tab in Currently Studying, you can see your recently opened courses. Otherwise, weā€™ll see if we can add listening and reading counters in the info pane for lessons in the future.

Still, the same error. No tagging possible

The Enter key is broken today. Every time I press enter on a blue word to select a definition I get the following error popup:
Error Please check your Internet connection and visit our Twitter feed for system status updates.

The other keyboard shortcuts that Iā€™ve tried seam to work fine. And manually selecting definitions with the mouse also works fine.