UK General Election 2017

For the time being, Theresa May’s bearded backroom boy has been made into a fall guy.

But can Mrs May survive beyond Summer?

I doubt it. But only time’ll tell.

I got to tell you that this piece from TNY is made by extraordinary yellow words by almost 98%. To recycle these words would be a tough and time-consuming task, and even if I somewhat manage it, I have no guaranty that the message will be the same. I’m however lucky to having “Good Morning Britain” on You Tube and there’s lots of stuff to behold and enjoy - example Larry the Cat…

The article is singular for being written in (I kid you not!) a kind of English which imitates the King James Bible (i.e. Jacobean English.)

It’s hugely entertaining - but I guess very strange for non native speakers.

“…And the High Priestess said (…) Brexit is come upon us, and I must go into battle against the tribes of France, Germany, and sundry other holiday destinations. And I must put on the armor of a strong majority in the people’s house. Therefore go ye out and vote…”

“…And there came from the temple pollsters, who said, Surely this woman will flourish. For her enemy is as grass; she cutteth him down. He is as straw in the wind, and he will blow away. And the trumpet of her triumph shall sound in all the land…”

“…And there came from the same country a prophet, whose name was Jeremy. His beard was as the pelt of beasts, and his raiments were not of the finest. And he cried aloud in the wilderness and said, Behold, I bring you hope…”

“…And suddenly there was with him a host of young people. And he said unto them, Ye shall study and grow wise in all things, and I shall not ask ye for gold. And the sick shall be made well, and they also will heal freely. And he promised unto them all manner of goodly things…”

“…And the young people said unto him, How shall these things be rendered, seeing that thou hast no money in thy purse? And he spake unto them in a voice of sounding brass and said, Soak the rich. And again, Pull down the mighty from their seats…”

“…And the young people went absolutely nuts…”

Wonderful! :smiley:

“It’s hugely entertaining - but I guess very strange for non native speakers.”

Very strange, indeed!

Btw, I see that your profile has been updated - Prinz_DUP.

How’are your feelings right now?

Does this article tell me only things I want to hear? If not, I don’t have the time to read hate speech.

“…Btw, I see that your profile has been updated - Prinz_DUP…”

It’ll be “Prinz_Boris” soon enough…I kinda fear…

:-o

Can you imagine a Boris-Trump press conference?

I’d have to polish my glasses to know which was which! :slight_smile:

I assumed you wear a monocle.

I like him - he speaks French.

Brilliant, they should write more articles like this one!

(For a reason I ignore I can’t give you a rose)

"Discussions between the DUP and the Conservatives will run parallel with negotiations this week involving all the main parties in Northern Ireland. The latter talks are aimed at restoring the power-sharing devolved government in Belfast. Writing in today’s Observer, Jonathan Powell, Tony Blair’s secret negotiator with the IRA after the 1998 Good Friday agreement, said on Monday: ‘If Mrs May depends on the DUP– Ian Paisley’s party, not the old Official Unionists who used to work with the Tories – to form a government it will be impossible for it to be even-handed.’”–The Guardian

Prinz of DUP’s desperate hope could be dumped soon. I imagine that the Concervative Party does not want to see political uncertainty in Northern Ireland.

“We have had a political crisis in Northern Ireland since the collapse of the executive last year over a heating scandal implicating Arlene Foster, the leader of the DUP. The government, together with the Irish government, has been trying to resolve the standoff by bringing the two sides together in talks. So far, they have not succeeded but when the dust has settled after the election they will have to try again. If they fail, the choice is between direct rule from Whitehall, which is considered illegitimate by nationalists and the Irish government, or new elections, which nobody wants.”

Mrs May’s deal with the DUP threatens 20 years hard work in Ireland Mrs May’s deal with the DUP threatens 20 years hard work in Ireland | Jonathan Powell | The Guardian

“Theresa May’s plan for a loose alliance with the Democratic Unionists to prop up her government was thrown into confusion last night after the Northern Ireland party contradicted a No 10 announcement that a deal had been reached.”
May’s plan to govern with DUP support thrown into confusion Theresa May’s plan to govern with DUP support thrown into confusion | Theresa May | The Guardian

@Yutaka

Butthurt losers of the left
Are feeling angry and bereft

They our election haven’t won
For a DUP deal will be done

Some were friends of the IRA
Yet they have the gall to say

They care about peace in Ireland?

The Tory Party doesn’t quit
We shall and will in government sit

It’s likely that Theresa May
Won’t be the one who has the say

Boris or Dave’ll be the boss
Either way, I don’t give a toss

And you can take a running jump.

“…Boris Johnson is preparing a new bid to become Prime Minister as Theresa May’s grip on No 10 becomes increasingly fragile. A close ally of the Foreign Secretary said last night it was ‘go-go-go’ for Mr Johnson’s leadership push, adding: ‘We need Bojo. We need a Brexiteer. We need somebody who can talk and connect with people like Jeremy Corbyn does. We need someone who can make Britain believe in itself again.’…”

“…Mrs May last night won the backing of Northern Ireland’s Democratic Unionist MPs in order to shore up her precarious position, in a deal that would offer her the prospect of a working majority in the Commons…”

“…The MoS Survation poll found that 49 per cent of all voters want Mrs May to resign, with only 38 per cent wanting her to stay put. And out of the contenders to replace her, Mr Johnson outscores his nearest rival, Chancellor Philip Hammond, by a margin of more than two to one. A separate survey of Tory supporters by the Conservative Home website found that two-thirds wanted Mrs May to announce her resignation immediately…”

“…The turmoil forced Mrs May to delay a planned reshuffle of her middle-ranking Ministers until today. She is being urged to appoint a formal Deputy Prime Minister to shore up her position, with Brexit Secretary David Davis the favourite for the job. It would put Mr Davis in a difficult position, as he is widely believed to be considering a run at the leadership if there is a contest. Other possible candidates include Chancellor Philip Hammond and Home Secretary Amber Rudd…”

Go BoJo?

Politics is a truly crazy sport!

Isn’t DUP an anti gay marriage, denying climate change party? I am a bit ignorant to UK politics, but DUP doesn’t seem like a vaiable option.

“…Isn’t DUP an anti gay marriage, denying climate change party?..”

The DUP is anti gay marriage (although that issue isn’t on the agenda at Westminster - it’s a devolved matter which is decided locally by the people in Northern Ireland.)

Climate change? They have one MP who is a Trump-style skeptic on this. It’s not their official position, as far as I’m aware.

The DUP MPs are properly elected members of the British parliament who are fully entitled to enter into a governing coalition - just like any other MPs.

If they are anti-gay or whatever, it is because they are reflecting the socially conservative religious views of very many people in Northern Ireland. Religion in Northern Ireland - Wikipedia

Democracy, y’know…

Hmmm when the shoe is on the other foot.
Since it’s not my country’s election I understand the entertainment value of a goofball becoming head of state. I think it would be pretty entertaining if Boris Johnson became PM. If only Geert Wilders won in the netherlands, we could have the trifecta of awful blond haircuts between Trump, Johnson, and WIlders. Also, it’s 4:00am and I haven’t slept in a while.

I can almost guarentee that he would get a sensible haircut if he ends up in Number 10.

Personally I’d prefer David Davis.