Trump fired Comey

“White House press secretary Sean Spicer announced Tuesday that Trump had fired Comey.”–The Washington Post

“[A]n F.B.I. director directly contradicting a sitting president at the same time that the bureau was pursuing a possible criminal investigation into the president’s aides.”–The New York Times

‪F.B.I. Director James Comey Is Fired by Trump F.B.I. Director James Comey Is Fired by Trump - The New York Times

After he was fired from the post of director, were he to be referred to as “an F.B.I. director” instead of “the F.B.I. director”?

Trump wrote:
“While I greatly appreciate you [Comey] informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.”

The source of this excerpt:
Donald Trump’s full letter firing James Comey - ABC News - Read: Donald Trump's full letter firing James Comey - ABC News via @ABC

Everyone can understand what Trump is really worrying about. It is clear that firing Comey was not made to restore what Trump calls “the public trust and confidence.”

Dear Director Comey:

I have received the attached letters from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General of the United States recommending your dismissal as the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I have accepted their recommendation and you are hereby terminated and removed from office, effective immediately.

While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau. It is essential that we find new leadership for the FBI that restores the public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Donald J. Trump

The above referenced New York Times article said Comey learned of his firing like this:

"Mr. Comey, who is three years into a 10-year term at the helm of the F.B.I., learned from news reports that he had been fired while addressing bureau employees in Los Angeles. While Mr. Comey spoke, television screens in the background began flashing the news. In response to the reports, Mr. Comey laughed, saying that he thought it was a fairly funny prank.

But shortly after, Mr. Trump’s letter was delivered to F.B.I. Headquarters in Washington."

Donald Trump cannot spell or communicate in sequential thought. I suspect someone wrote the dismissal letter for him.

“If confirmed, the news that a grand jury has been convened and has started issuing subpoenas suggests that the investigation into the Trump camp’s links with Moscow has entered a new phase.”
James Comey fired: calls for special prosecutor after Trump sacks FBI director – live updates Calls for special prosecutor after Trump sacks FBI director – as it happened | James Comey | The Guardian

“CNN reported on Tuesday night that federal prosecutors had issued grand jury subpoenas to former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn, seeking business records, as part of the probe of Russian interference in the election.”–REUTERS

The word “subpoena” seems to come from Latin.
"A subpoena /səˈpiːnə/ (also subpœna) is a writ issued by a government agency, most often a court, to compel testimony by a witness or production of evidence under a penalty for failure. "–Wikipedia

“In October 1973, President Nixon ordered the Justice Department to fire Archibald Cox, the Watergate special prosecutor, after Cox had subpoenaed tapes of Nixon’s phone calls and conversations in the White House.”–Los Angeles Times

subpoena (verb):
summon (someone) with a subpoena

“What if Trump, under intense pressure from all sides on Russia, decides to shift the focus to his commander-in-chief role and orders a shift in our military posture in response to a manufactured foreign crisis?”
Russia is Trump’s Watergate. Will he react like Nixon? http://wapo.st/2mBJfdZ?tid=ss_tw

lol at wikileaks job offer for Comey :

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/862073819300810753

Gotta take my hat off to Assange.

3 Likes

Absolutely!

2 Likes

“I like how the sheep in Colbert’s audience cheered at Comey’s firing… They’re playing catch up to the narrative…”

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/862146950996480000

Do liberal sheep even know what they are cheering or booing for anymore?

Cheeky!

Is this what Iaing calls “anti-Trump spam”? Of course not. It’s anti-“liberal” something. I imagine the Trump “sheep” with the gorgeous “spines” has nothing to do other than that.

“Is this what Iaing calls “anti-Trump spam”? Of course not. It’s Iaing’s anti-“liberal” something. I imagine Iaing with the gorgeous spines has nothing to do other than that.”

Takes one to know one.

You have used the phrase twice, if I am not mistaken. Next time use another one to impress me.

Doubt it was me who wrote that. If people keep telling you this that’s when you should take a good look in the mirror.

“Do liberal sheep even know what they are cheering or booing for anymore?”

Regarding Comey, I think we have mixed feelings. As you know, Comey, perhaps inadvertently, sabotaged Hillary’s campaign but was also investigating the Trump-Russia connection.

(Quote)
Last night at the White House… Press Secretary Sean Spicer didn’t seem altogether prepared for reporters’ questions about his boss firing the FBI director for reasons that don’t make sense. The Washington Post captured the scene:

After Spicer spent several minutes hidden in the bushes behind these sets, Janet Montesi, an executive assistant in the press office, emerged and told reporters that Spicer would answer some questions, as long as he was not filmed doing so. Spicer then emerged.

“Just turn the lights off. Turn the lights off,” he ordered. “We’ll take care of this…. Can you just turn that light off?”

Spicer got his wish and was soon standing in near darkness between two tall hedges, with more than a dozen reporters closely gathered around him. For 10 minutes, he responded to a flurry of questions, vacillating between light-hearted asides and clear frustration with getting the same questions over and over again.

Let that sink in for a minute: the chief spokesperson for the president of the United States hid in the bushes, only to emerge after journalists agreed to talk to him in “near darkness.” (End Quote, MSNBC)

Poor Sean haha! Not sure if that’s true but I kinda want it to be.

"Great minds discuss ideas, medium minds discuss events, and little minds discuss people. "

• Hindu Proverb
    liberal sheep ?

It was your friend Stephen Taiwan that used the phrase: “It takes one to know one.” Interestingly enough, both you and he cannot understand the difference between googling a certain phrase and finding reliable sources. As I wrote elsewhere, teaching at Harvard is different from giving a speech there.