The updated LingQ

I had the same question about the audio. When I click to play audio it doesn’t play it on the page, it prompts me to download the audio and play it with an external player. Is this the way it will be going forward or is it an issue?

Berta, there were no accents entered in the system for Spanish. I have now added Spain, Mexico, and Argentina as accents. If any of you want more accents added, please request them here on the forum. When you search in the Library, the Most popular shelf will show you the most popular lessons with that search term in it. Presumably, those are the 7 lessons with food in them.

Jellyninja, the best way to get rid of the upgrade notice is to upgrade. :slight_smile:

Vera, you can click on the Collection title in the Lesson popup and you will be taken to the Collection view. Alternatively, you can choose one lesson and then that collection will appear on your My Collections shelf. Or, you can click on “View Collection” from the description of a lesson on the Lessons page. It will just take some time to get used to the new ways of accessing that view. Yes, the New Words can only be seen in the popup now. We may try and figure out how to get it back in the main area but for now you will have to open the popups. I will test the New Lessons issue and figure out how you can get that to work. We will also try to figure out how to get that view of the library back for you. Give us some time for those things.

Back in a few…

I did not know that the ( I know all bar) was the word up date. just added 300 word to my known list that I really don’t know. hahahaha!!

I don’t like that steps (“Reading/Listening”, “Vocabulary”, “Writing”, “Speaking”) at workdesk are marked red if they have already done, and green - if have not. For me green means “Ok, you have done it!” and red means “Warning!! You have not done it yet!”

I realized very well that I imported too many contents which we cannot share, maybe are proibited to share, but I would like to certain contents to import for the French section, just like Radio France International and Radion Japon. I promiss you that I will import only two contents regularly.

I’m trying to go to the Library page under Spanish and it’s giving me:

"Unhandled Exception

An unhandled exception was thrown by the application."

I found some solutions. With Firefox, it works well now to import contents. OK, I will use Firefox for LingQ.

I think someone already mentioned it, but I really do hope that when the dust settles you can still click on a content item and it brings up all the others in the sequence (e.g. the LingQ conversations) because it makes it so much easier to keep track of which ones you have do so far and also it makes it easier to find them as not all of them are in the same category.

I suppose part of my concern is that now there is a lot of content on the site (particularly French content) that I don’t know how to access. If I knew the name of the content item I could search for it but I don’t. I do know that it is there because I’ve seen it in those lists before. Now, when I go through the LingQ provided content or any other filter or category search, I don’t know how to go through the many pages of content that is normally there, it only has one page’s worth. Personally, I’m not as concerned about the design of the system but more just that it works great, as it has done for me since I started using it. Obviously, there are bugs to work through and it’s early days yet but I just thought I’d add my feedback to the list.

Like peterlaunonen, I’m having trouble accessing the library for Spanish, though it works for Swedish. I get the same error message as peterlaunonen, and it doesn’t seem to be restricted to browser as I have used both Opera and Firefox.

Mark, Thank you for your answers.

By the way I think the improvement of the lessons site is great. Thank you for your hard work. I will be very glad when it works proper.

Loading an item on the lessons site needs a long time. It needs 30 to 45 seconds to open the lesson.

To put a longer phrase into the hint by mark up a whole sentence and then drag & drop doesn’t work any longer. The whole sentence then becomes blue. I often use this because the suggestion of LingQ is not proper.

I think it is not obvious how to open the collection. That should be more emphatic. I will try your suggestions. But I have seen that the name of the collection is not shown above the name of the item. But when I moved around with the cursor I found a SPACE where I can click. Then the collections opened. A hint that there is a collection and the number of items of the collection would be great. Also I miss “add all” of a collection. It is boring to click so often.

Does the search on the library works? I tried out “Laura” to find lessons of “Dr. Laura” but nothing is shown.

Then I tried the category “Education”. Nothing is found.

Clicking on a provider: Nothing happened.

Sorry, now I deleted the browsers cache and then the name off the collection is shown. But I still think it is not obvious, that there is a collection. The number of items in that collection would be very helpful! You should add in the description of the update that people should delete the cache.

How does the classification of the level of a lesson works?

Thank you very much for the improvements - I think everything looks great! This is the problem I’m having: if I try to highlight a word and accidentally go a bit too far, or accidentally double click something, the whole paragraph is highlighted in blue and then I can’t deselect it! That’s all for me so far.

Ah sorry, didn’t realise there were already three pages of postings. Sorry if I just repeated something someone else had said!

500 server error when I click on “Show previously selected lessons” on the library site