The future content "My husband's boss has come"

Last week I found the very interesting item in Japanese library. Usually I don’t browse the items in Japanese library, because Japanese is not my learning language, it’s my native language.

The item is “Ottono jyoshi ga yattekita” = “My hunband’s boss has come!”.
It is made and recorded by Japanese tutor Emma. The story was very funny. I couldn’t stop laughing! It’s a masterpiece!

Japanese tutor Emma said this item is translating into English by English tutor Alison now. This item English version will be post soon, she said.

I can wait to listen it in English! I hope I can enjoy this item in English.

Thank you, Emma. Thank you in advance, Alison.

Oh, I would like to second that! It would be great to have a translation. It takes forever to understand anything in Japanese!
And thank you, Nobuo, for pointing it out. I will be on the lookout.

Thank you, nobuo. I am so glad you liked it :slight_smile: Yeah, I cannot wait to study on the English version, too!!!

Emma,
you make me curious. Pleace give a note here in the forum when the English version is done.
Thanks
Irene

OK! I will let you know :slight_smile:

Could someone post the link to this Japanese item? I am having trouble finding it.

Here is the link of this Japanese item.
http://www.lingq.com/learn/ja/store/32393/#41855

I am traveling and it is a little difficult to follow all of this. However, I think that it is tremendous that we are creating original and lively content, and then arranging to have this content translated into other languages. I think this is the beginning of an exciting new development at LingQ.

“The Boss Is Coming To Dinner” is now in the English Library!!

It is even funnier than the Japanese original version.
Thank you, Allison!!! XOXO

Hallo Emma,
I just read and heard this story and was really laughing.

What do you think when I translate this in German and we bring it in the German Library?

Emma,

This is a great story. You should be a writer! And Allison you did a great job with the translation!

In fact I am beginning to see that there is some great talent amongst our members. I hope more people write for us, in their own language, or maybe even in the language they are learning. Our members can always help with translations. This can make excellent content available in various languages. It also helps to bring members of our community closer together.

Maybe I will write a little piece in English about my misadventures on my present trip to Europe. But it will not be up to your standards Emma.

Emma,
When I began to read the story on the beginning (mowing the weed) I thought on the end your husband would tell you “that was no weed – that were wonderful plants” :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I read and listened to the story in Japanese a few weeks ago and laughed aloud. And today I read and listened to the same story in English and laughed aloud again!

Emma, thank you for the good story!
Allison, thank you for reading the story for us!

Irene,
Ja, bitte! I already feel like a famous writer! My story is translated into multiple languages! I would love to listen to the German version, too! Actually, my husband cares about the global warming a lot, and thinks weeds are good for the environment. So he doesn’t help me pulling weeds!!! He can be a good friend of yours :slight_smile: Anyway, Danke!

Steve,
I am glad you liked my story :slight_smile: I will sure enjoy the story of your trip. I usually enjoy reading/listening to something personal, laid-back, and funny one. I am looking forward to see your items in the library!

Nobuo,
YES, Allison did a very good job to make my story sound funny!! I laughed it too!

Emma,
I like too writing stories and have a few in the German area. It is a good way to train the brain. Only my English is not yet so good for writing direct in English. I often miss the suitable words.

The German version from your story will come soon :slight_smile:

Emma - I forgot to say: greetings to your husband :slight_smile:

In Germany a friend of often really nice weed plants say:
“es ist kein UNkraut - es ist BEIkraut”
but I cannot find a suitable word for “Beikraut”. It is a synonym what is not so strong and negative and discriminatory because what is known as weed is often very helpful for insects.

Hi Irene, could you be looking for the word ‘herb’? It is the only one I can think of and it would turn the sentence in to" ‘it isn’t a WEED, it’s a HERB’. I am not sure if it is helpful to you, but I thought I’d give it a shot.

Irene,
I cannot wait for listening to the German version although I am not going to understand most of them. It is still FUN! I could not translate my story into proper English, neither. I tried my best and turned it in as a English writing submission. Tutors usually don’t edit our writings but I asked Allison to revise it for me and other English/Japanese learners. It must be a time consuming task but she kindly did it for me. So I have to really thank Allison. Without her, I could not share my story with you guys.

I looked “Beikraut” up in a dictionary, but could not find a definition!!! It must be beyond our mind! But I kind of understand what you mean :slight_smile:

Nicole,
herb is a kind of weed too that is correct but we have spcial the word “Beikraut” and that would be in English “an herb what is growing near by other plants” - but the only word in Germany explain better what is meant. And most when a speaker use it he or she is a little smiling because he or she want to reduce the strong meaning from weed.

:slight_smile:

That sounds like a really difficult thing to translate, Irene! Thank you for your explanation.