Site update on December 18, 2013

The new design of the lesson page (where we do the linkqing) is really awful, at least as appeared on Firefox. The old interface is so much better. This is the most important page for me; other pages such as exchange and forum are all secondary. I have been using this system quite intensively until yesterday. Now I have lost all appetite to use the system.

We do apologize for these issues. We encountered an unexpected bug somewhere between our operating system and server configuration that we were not able to find a solution for yesterday so we had to resort to a backup configuration that is not optimal. We are continuing to troubleshoot and hope to have these issues resolved soon. A lot of the issues that are coming up are a result of this backup configuration. Please continue to report any issues you find.

@jolanda - There is an error in the avatar store if you are trying to buy clothes for an outfit that is not your currently selected outfit. We will get this fixed but if you refresh the page, you will see that the clothes are actually being bought.
@ColinJohnstone - Are you seeing courses now. Things were a bit slow initially but should be working now.
@Ress - Recommended lessons are gone but if you click on “+New Courses” you will find recommended courses.
@esko-yera - You should be able to use flashcards. Try refreshing the page a few times. Advanced options in the Library work for me. Please ctrl+refresh and try again.
@elliott - Auto-scroll seems fine to me. You can turn it on or off using the gear control in the top right of the reading pane.

Sorry, if I missed responding to any questions. We are fixing all issues and hope to have more updates soon.

I like the new look!

Weren’t some languages in beta deleted?

Love the new look and new changes. Much fresher and modern. The most important reading page looks and works very smoothly for me. Well done guys!

It was more or less possible to read lessons and operate with words and lingqs on android smartphone. The new version is less comfortable on smartphone because it nedds to be scrolled to read every text line. And I did not find the right panel with the word translation.

mark
"The next lesson link is in the info pane but only appears after you have clicked the “Move all words to known” button. We will find a better place for it. "

Often, principally with story in multiple episods, i don’t study all the words of a lesson and don’t want to “Move all words to known”. How will I be able to access quickly the next lesson of the story ?

FYI, I cleared my browser’s cache because some pages didn’t appear to be loading completely. After restarting Firefox, I browsed to www.lingq.com and clicked the login button and got a ‘502 Bad Gateway’ error. I tried refreshing as well as restarting Firefox again and received the same error each time after clicking on the login link. I was able to log in by going to the “Learn” page I had saved in my favorites (Login - LingQ) which then prompted me to login.

“nginx/1.1.19” was the only other text in the error if you need to know that.