Rooster Master LingQ - The Ultimate LingQ Enhancement Tool

Hey @roosterburton,

This is how the Show LingQs shows up for me (in Rooster Master LingQ) after I click it:

Note: Maybe the Observer lite and Known words sections are blank here? My version does not label them, but based on your pictures and context, it looks like the middle two boxes show up for me: New words and LingQed words?

Is the Rooster Observer part having similar issues to before? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

P.S./Edit": Minor note, my selections in the main control panel here show up a little off-center, and I just wanted to report it in case it was something you wanted to know:

It should work like New/LingQed/Known/Ignore on regular view. Observer LITE is just for new words.

Edit: I noticed the headers are there in your screenshot just very dim!

I’ll figure out a better solution to display these buttons

1 Like

Edit 2: The missing columns are resolved. @roosterburton cleared it up quickly! :smiley:

I pulled it up in a different lesson, and it shows up properly:

But in that same lesson, I checked at first, it still shows up like this:

Note: There are blue LingQs present in both lessons, but the one missing the results (second picture in this reply) has fewer blue LingQs.

No section labels, though:

Edit: This is an image with LingQ set to dark mode. Headings display correctly when LingQ is set to light mode.

I can just keep that in mind if it doesn’t display in a particular lesson.

1 Like

Interesting. You can help me by doing a couple things regarding this.

First open that lesson that isnt displaying correctly here. Saving and sending that data file to me will be helpful.

https://www.lingq.com/api/v3/ko/lessons/LESSONID/words/?cardsTranslitFormat=list

Another thing you can do is report any console errors.

To open the Console, press F12 / Ctrl+Shift+J (Windows, Linux) or Command+Option+J (macOS).

Click the trash can first then open the Observer display and post a screenshot of the log

I can see the labels in your pic! I’ll change the color slightly to make it show better

1 Like

:exploding_head: Omg! I see it in white, faintly, in that pic, I didn’t even notice! Thanks!

Edit: I just realized it’s because I set LingQ to dark mode. The headings are fine when LingQ is set to light mode:

1 Like

Can we get a resizable container for the dictionaries?

Seems like that might be my “Close” button for that window? (I just guessed and clicked on it and it closed the window, lol)

Like on the other windows?

1 Like

@jpp025
I’ll have a look at this entire menu shortly

edit:

@jpp025

1 Like

I’m most interested in seeing chosen statistics live or every time I move to another sentence.
•Words read today
•Words read overall
•Maybe new words today

This is already in HotKeys. New words today I could add.

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you!! :heart_eyes:

Tried this today! It works great!

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 15.22.52

Great addition!

1 Like

@roosterburton, I’m still encountering the offset text:

Is the Rooster Reader accounting for the timestamp time listed for the title of the lesson?

1 Like

Thanks for the report. Just made a fix for the offset on the replacement mode.

Good to know. I need to make a small patch to it so it doesn’t send all the words in 0.5 secs

1 Like

Yes, thank you! This seems to have fixed it. It’s nice and synced!:

ROOSTER MASTER LINGQ PREMIUM PATCH 1.63

Added Language Reactor as a Auto LingQ Method. (This method fetches gpt/machine learning results for each queried word and applies the highest confidence result. Also applies grammar tags.

ROOSTER MASTER LINGQ PREMIUM PATCH 1.50

A patch that deserves its own post. Google Translate has been added as an alternative translation source. This method opens the google translate webpage in a new tab and continuously posts your lesson text one line at a time collating the translations. They are then sent to LingQ as a bundle. Progress is displayed as a percentage and translations are visible in the console before being sent to LingQ.

for 1.50
Added Google Translate as a secondary lesson translate option. (LingQ uses DeepL as their translation method. This translation is slower and is prone to breaking but can be a good alternative for some languages)
Fix for hotkeys propagation on edit sentence (Reader view)

1 Like

Hi roosterburon,

This is a minor ask, but when you can, can you add black text (instead of white) to this section:

Similar to how we see it when hitting the carrot symbol? (:arrow_down_small:):

It’s a bit hard to tell what it’s on otherwise (unless you click the carrot symbol, I mean). No rush! Just a small ask.

Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

ooh, yeah ill see what i can do.

edit: Fixed with latest update

1 Like

Hi,

I just bought the Premium extension. I have to say that the YouTube Tools are awesome. I need to play with the rest of them; I’m sure I’ll be impressed. I have several questions though:

1. I normally spend my day in front of two different PCs (home and office). Is the license key for the Premium version attached to a single computer? Or can I use the Premium version on both of them?

2. In the YouTube Tools, above the subtitles line, there is a pop-up showing up for new words that seems to allow interaction (listen to it, marking it as new word or ignore it); however, as soon as you move the mouse to that pop-up, it disappears:

How can I interact with that pop-up?

1. Can I assume that, with the following settings, all updates for this extension will be installed automatically?

Thanks for your work.

1 Like

Also, is there any way to use your Reader within Lingq (with synced audio) to interact with words as in the YouTube tools (i.e., to create Lingqs, look up words in dictionnaries, see if the words are known or Lingq’ed, etc.)?

Hey @malaga.1979 Thanks for buying the extension.

The license key sent to your email should work on 4 devices. I’ll be updating this at some point but nothing to worry about for 2 PCs.

Sorry about that, there is still a few bugs in the program. I’ve been sent a list of things to fix so i’ll make sure that is included. You should be able to move the menu with the checkbox toggle and it will work.

That is not the case. If a new version is available it will be displayed in the initial menu of Youtube tools.

Edit: actually yes. you can toggle on the LingQ reader as one of the options and it will be the original reader with autoscroll functions.