News Articles in the Lesson Feed, Reverse Flashcards

Thanks for adding Skai, Mark, but it doesn’t appear to be showing up in the feed. I only see articles from Naftemporiki.

Yes, it looks like Skai isn’t working either I’m afraid.

@gregf - Looks like Skai is now working after all. There was some kind of temporary glitch in Greek it seems.

Hi Mark,

When I click on an article in my feed (using a chrome webbrowser on an android tablet) it imports the cookies policy of the newspaper and nothing else. I have imported multiple different articles and always get the same cookies policy lesson. I would like to get the actual article instead. The language is Dutch and the newspaper is De Telegraaf.

Thanks,

Darren

It does look like that site won’t work. Thanks for letting us know. Are there other Dutch news sites that you know of that we could try? If not, we will try and find other ones that work.

Hi, these are all national, relatively wide-read Dutch newspapers:

Hopefully they are amenable :slight_smile:

Ok, those have been added. Let us know how those work.

Same problem with de Volkskrant, but NRC works. l haven’t seen an article from Trouw.

Ok, glad one is working. Thanks.

By chance can you add for Greek Πολιτικές - Οικονομικές Ειδήσεις & Αναλύσεις | Ημερησία ?

It’s been added. Results should start to appear within the next day or so if it’s going to work.

Thank you. I wonder one thing. Why the articles in Greek feed seems to be updated so rarely, for example in Italian there appear new articles every day but for Greek there seems to stay those old ones for a week or two and nothing new appears?

I’d love to see some more media sites added to the arabic feed
Sites like

And others
Great new feature Mark!

Hi Thomas, I added these three media sources. I’ll keep an eye on them to see if there are any issues. Enjoy!

Great! Thanks. I can’t see any articles from those sources yet, but perhaps they take a little while to appear

Hi Thomas, it looks like Euro News is the only source out of the three that works. Sorry we couldn’t have all three up :frowning:

Hi Mark - say, a while back when this feature was first introduced an audio bar appeared “Speaker” something or other. I don’t see it now. Was that discontinued?
And thank you!
Daniel

@scoreperfect This was something related to the media articles in the feed? I’m not sure I know what you mean. I can’t recall anything that was removed.

Yes, it was related to media articles in the feed - you opened the article as you do now so the original article (Spiegel online in my case,) opened in a pop-up just as it does now - but as you clicked words, a tool bar appeared which read back the text - this is not Google Chrome extension (which opens a little popup with translation of text/audio) but seemed to be a 3rd party product I assumed LingQ had engaged to offer selected text audio. It was called ‘Speaker’ or “speech-to-text” or something like that. Hmmm…perhaps someone else on the thread here can better explain what I’m referring to.
And thank you!
Daniel

Hmm… we never had any functionality like that. It might have been some other extension you have installed or something. The only text to speech we have is on the blue and yellow widgets or review activities.