New Update: LingQ Exchange, Membership Changes

Are there no Spanish tutors out there to correct the Exchange Requests that have been sitting there for a few days? It seems like there should be. Maybe these posts are lost in the shuffle? I see that watupboy’s post has quite a low value attached to it, but creiman’s looks like it should be in the sweet spot. Any takers? Go to the Exchange and filter out requests and Spanish and you should find these easily.

@silviad - I’m sorry to say that I think your text is lost. There is a bug that doesn’t allow you to save drafts in the new format. We are working on it. You may be able to find your text again by clicking back on your browser. Some browsers can be quite good at keeping your text.

I wish I could correct texts on my iPad… :frowning:

I just filtered everything out but REQUESTS but can only see the first page (I was nosey about those Spanish items mentioned by Mark). I cannot see any Spanish anywhere.)

@Silviad: To avoid problems I’ve started to write texts in an editor many years ago. I keep my writings in a document, and I add the correction that nothing can get lost. You can call me a control freak :wink:

Yes, it is lost. Well, too bad. I did not know it was not saved anymore. I’ll pay attention next time, and will have to rewrite my text. Well, a chance to make less errors… (I wish)…

@Mark: By the way, the Exchange page needs some improvements according to the time that it needs to load. It is quite slow.

Hi Mark
I’m afraid I’m a bit lost with these Exchange changes. Some days ago I could see all public requests together with my requests under My Requests. No I can’t find any public requests anywhere. When I do as you say, go to Exchanges, tick only Requests and select Spanish there’s just a blank page saying scroll to see more.
Another suggestion: I think it would be good to have access to requests that have already been answered, we might learn from other people’s corrections.

@SanneT - If you tick Requests only and then choose Spanish from the language dropdown, you should see all Spanish requests. If you don’t have Spanish selected in the filter, you should still be able to scroll down to see more results which will eventually show these to you.

@silviad - Sorry again! We hope to have drafts and auto-saving working again on the submission page within a few days.

@Vera - We will be spending some time trying to improve the speed as well.

@mfr - Public requests are no longer going to appear on My Requests. This page is reserved for requests directly related to you. On the Exchange page, do you perhaps have other filters set in addition to language? If you are only looking at Friends for instance, you may not see those requests.

@Mark- I cannot see public requests either, I tried doing what you suggested to mfr, but I am having the same issues.

It looks like that page is quite slow at the moment unfortunately. Maybe try refreshing and then waiting for it. Do you see the “loading” indicator?

@Mark- No, it is completely empty, like there are not any requests out there.

Is it now not possible to send private messages? Selecting private doesn’t prompt for a recipient.

Thanks, Mark, I’ve got it now! The problem was that I hadn’t selected the correct language filter under Filters.

@keke - It should be possible the same way as before. You need to go to that person’s profile and post a private post on his wall.

@mfr - Glad it’s working!

@mikebond - It would be nice to have correcting work on an iPad. We will add that to our list but it is not trivial due to the special nature of the highlighting for this feature.

@Le-Jr - Can you try refreshing the page a few times?

One more question (for the time being)
If a request can be answered/corrected by more than one member, when exactly does it show as “Closed Request” ?

A request is closed once all points have been awarded for it and no points are available any more.

@Mark- I figured it out! Thanks for the help