New languages

Agreed, would love to hear an update on Thai.

We have 20 Thai Mini Stories done so far. As soon as we get at least 20-25 more, we will add it to Beta.

Ah ok so how do we get more? Which ones? I could look at getting some translated being as Iā€™m in Thailand very often. Thanks.

How come 5 months ago it was due to be ready but now it needs another 20-25 stories adding? Not criticising by the way, just curious. Any chance the 20 stories you already have could be uploaded anyway as a starting point?

Unfortunately volunteer who did first 20 stories and promised to do 20 more never delivered them, so we are still stuck on 20 stories. But Iā€™ll see if I can try someone to finish Thai.
Anyway, we have some new languages coming to Beta really soon! :wink:

Could we not just have the 20 for now? If people see that its an option it might be easier to get more started.

Yeah would be great if we could get the language up somehow, get them finished or whatver. Only Thai Iā€™m personally interested in (well maybe Vietnamese at some point) as itā€™s useful to me and there is a lack of Thai materials generally.

I agree. Itā€™d probably be easier to get someone to do the stories if thereā€™s something physical on the app that shows that there is in fact Thai available.

That would great. I need to do that with my girlfriendsā€™ Chinese language!

There is a great website called Aakanee that has over 100 recordings of around 100 minutes each with transcript in Thai. aakanee.com | Thai Recordings

Great resource once you have made a bit of a start with the language. But I would love to be able to use some of these materials on lingq.

Thanks for the link! appreciated. But yeah would be great to get Thai materials on to linq in general.

" we have some new languages coming to Beta really soon! :wink: "

Is a hint on what languages those might be possible?

Lets keep it secret for now, but you will see in a few days! :slight_smile:

Still holding out hope that Thai might appear at some pointā€¦ would love to restart my subscription and get back on it here.