New languages

I see that a lot of beta languages are being added. What new languages should we be looking forward to? Should I hold out hope that Tagalog will be added?

2 Likes

I don’t think we’re gonna get any new languages for now. In my view.

I remember that Zoran mentioned that there are a few languages that are almost ready to be released. Of course since material for new beta languages hinges on that effort of members to get lessons transcribed and audio recorded, the time it takes for it to be ready can take a while.

As far as I can remember I haven’t seen anyone offered to transcribe and record audio for Tagalog.

@riquillers Hopefully more languages coming really soon. Unfortunately Tagalog for now is not one of them.

@chytran We did actually added lot of new languages lately. I’ll remind you that we have added Farsi, Belarusian, Malay, Indonesian, and few days ago Traditional Chinese and Cantonese as two separate slots.
Thai is also very close and I think we will have it available within next few days. Some other languages are also coming soon - Gujarati, Bulgarian and a few more. So we are constantly working on adding new languages.

11 Likes

So many new languages :slight_smile: Is Vietnamese scheduled?

3 Likes

We are trying to get enough content for Vietnamese too. Not sure when, but we will add it for sure.

7 Likes

OK, the beta languages are very important and if I use many days this methods so I get a best increase in my learn.

The good news just keeps on coming!

@Zoran, let me remind Belarusian was going to become a fully supported language some months ago but it is still in the list of beta languages.

2 Likes

smh in disappointment

nah just kidding

What about Arabic?

Arabic is available for a while too. You haven’t noticed it? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really want the Celtic languages added but I guess someone needs to create the content first. I have excellent lessons, unfortunately copyrighted that I’ve imported into the English language slot, but I wonder if I’m just messing up the dictionaries for people. Are there plans to create a “Custom” language slot so we can study unsupported languages with our own custom dictionaries?

7 Likes

That would actually be a great idea.

fully supported ?

I wanted this too, but I believe there was an issue with that.

Zoran told me that Hindi is another language planned and it should be available in March or April of next year.

3 Likes

There is no any real difference in functionality between fully supported and beta languages. But we will move Arabic and Belarusian to fully supported, since both languages have enough content at the moment.

Thank you

Oh cool, looking forward to Thai being added, thanks! I’ll keep a lookout for it

4 Likes