New languages

Any Thai update? As I mentioned on the other thread if content was needed I can find someone to get some translated with any luck. Otherwise eagerly awaiting its release. Thanks.

We do have enough content ready to lauch Thai. We are working on it and I think we will have it up on the site probably next week or eventually a week after that.

Great! thanks for the update.

Howā€™s Thai going? I am checking every day to see if itā€™s already on the list:)

Gujarati and Thai are both close to be released.

Iā€™m checking almost every day to see if Arabic and Belarusian are moved from the Beta to the main list of languages.

NICE!

Any updates?

Yeah also wondering if thereā€™s any Thai update? Keep checking but no sign of anything yet. Hopefully sometime soon maybe.

I would love to see some African languages on here - especially Swahili - Hausa and Somali would also be amazing. I really would love to learn Hindi as well and please please let there be Welsh!

Also if we are adding Hindi please donā€™t leave Urdu out!

You personally may translate anzthing if you can. Another way is to find friends who can make some translations.

I remember that someone on another thread mentioned that Lingq is in the process of adding Hindi (spring 2019). This is just a rumor and generally when Lingq staff says that X language will be added within Y amount of time it usally means 1-3 months form that.

In terms of African languages, I agree.

" I would love to see some African languages on here - especially Swahili "

Hell YEAH!

so trueā€¦ so sadly true

All we need is content guys, we canā€™t add a new language without any content available for it.
Hindi is not yet close, I am affraid. I had volunteers working on Mini Stories in Hindi and I hoped to have them delivered and language ready for Beta soon, but I havenā€™t hear back from volunteers in a while.
Good news are that Bulgarian is in process of being added and will be available soon. Also, Thai and Swahili are next in line and are almost good to go.

" Also, Thai and Swahili "
That makes me happy.

I was suspecting you might have technical problems with parsing Thai script, so to hear that youā€™re more or less waiting for content is actually very good news:)

What kind of Arabic is the Arabic course? Iā€™ve heard that Arabic is not really a language but more like a language family or language continuum.

Is Thai, Hindi, Urdu, Serbian, Icelandic or Swahili going to go up anytime soon?

So anything happening with Thai in the end? Guess thereā€™s some problem with it as itā€™s been many months and no sign yet. Oh well.