New iLingQ 2.0

@Jeremiah - This has always been a problem with the app. We are trying to improve the loading speed but in the meantime, if you can archive some of the lessons you no longer use, the lesson list will load better.

Mine crashes without even opening, although it opened when I first downloaded the new version. I have 190 open lessons in Japanese

Yeah, I have around 940 lessons so that is probably why. I will get archiving. Thanks for the help!

Yes, I noticed this some time ago, and it is why I will never again use the app. I have almost 1300 lessons. If I had known way back when that I should have archived the lessons, maybe I would have done so, but to go back now and do it, well, it’s not going to happen.

I have about the same amount of active lessons as Doo. Around 190 or so. Which is the same amount I had before in the old app. listing lessons was fast and no crashing with this amount of Lessons.

soo my question now is … How many lessons should one have active to be able to use this new app properly then???

We’re trying to figure out how to make it not matter how many lessons you have. Give us a bit of time on this. It might be a week or so before an update will be ready and make it to the app store. In the meantime, we don’t know how many lessons will load. It depends on a variety of factors. I know that I am under 10 lessons and it works fine but I’m sure I could have quite a few more. However, since you would have to archive a lot, I suggest you wait a week or so for us to resolve the issue and get the fix uploaded to the app store.

LingQ member stress testing… :slight_smile:

@keroro, aybee77 and others - We have now changed the api so that only 30 lessons load to the app. The 30 most recent lessons will load and you shouldn’t have any problems loading your lesson lists now no matter how many active lessons you have on LingQ. Yes, you will not be able to access any of your older lessons until you re-open them on the website.

This is excellent! Thanks very much to all those behind this new version. Makes LingQing even more convenient :slight_smile:

@ Mark . Cool thanks! I’ll test it out…

Was offline mode problems solved? Still I can’t use it offline.

@Yasuko - What problems are you still having offline? Offline mode should be working now. If you are having problems, try closing the app and opening it again.

It works online mode, but first time I open offline mode after using online mode, the app is loading eternally (more than 30 minutes) so I switch off my ipodtouch to close iLingq (this is only way to close the app) , then switch on it again. After that, I can’t open anymore iLingq. I can open maybe one second, but it is closed immediately. It’s so strange!! Why only I have this problem… It’s a shame. Using offline mode the app is very important for me, because I use ipodtouch, not iphone.

Which version of iOS are you running? If you’re on 4.x or 5, follow the steps below to close an app:

Tap the Home button to go back to the home screen, then double tap the Home button to bring up a list of apps. Press and hold on an app and an “x” will appear next to each app. Then simply tap the “x” to fully close the app.

After doing this and relaunching the app, does it load properly?

I use iOS 4. When I press and hold on the app, an “-“ (red, like symbol of traffic sign “do not enter”) appear. I taped it, and then tried to open again the app., but it didn’t load. The app was opened one second and immediately was closed.
What can I do???

I uninstalled once and installed again the app. I don’t have Wifi now so I can’t tell you if it works. Later I will tell you.

@ Yasuko - You are right, it is a red “do not enter” sign that closes the app. So, you did that correctly. Have you updated to the latest version of the app? When you go to the Info page on the app which version number do you see at the bottom of the screen. It should be 2.0.1. You can open the App Store app to see if you have an update available for the LingQ app.

I did all of things what you said and I uninstalled it and installed it, so finally it works offline mode. Thank you for your help!

I just updated to the new iLingq version. It crashes immediately after the loading screen. I had similiar problems with previous iLingq versions. They all ran somewhat unstable, and after an initial crash - say during a flashcard session - the app would crash instantly whenever I tried to reopen it. The usual fix was to reboot my iPhone, but unfortunately this does not work on the new version.

Which version of iOS are you using?