New Forum UI, Manual Lesson Mode, Keyboard Shortcuts, 90-Day Challenge!

You guys are correct. Scrolling to the bottom of a long thread takes forever, and trying to find a new post somewhere in the middle is also really difficult

Somebody needs to go post on that epic Benny Mandarin thread. It would take an hour to scroll down to the newest posts!

Strange! someone had delete my text!!!

Where is your post from 16.37? "A new post has been added by nd71:

Interesting? No, the forum now is horrible? Does nobody see this in
advance? This is now a scrolling orgy…

" I can not find it .I see only the email.

It’s really bad… I wonder if this was really intended… was it tested on a long thread at least?
Using PgDn is a bit less painful than scrolling, but still painful enough.
I wonder if it is a measure to prevent us from procrastinating… forget the forum, study languages! :slight_smile:

For me a smooth forum is a must-have! Studying is an occasional by-product …

Thank you! Its nice to be able to turn off the “QuickLingq”

Mark, do you think its in your future plans to add a keyboard shortcut for the play button? It would be very useful for Japanese/chinese/Korean learners.

I guess I could easily add it myself in chrome, with a few javascript. But before I do it, I ask in case its something you’re already implementing.

Die vielen Zahlen machen mich ganz wirr im Kopf. Und dazu das endlose Scrollen…

Thanks for the feedback! We’ll be updating this to show more posts and take you directly to a linked post in a thread to make it easier to respond to specific posts :slight_smile:

To be honest, I don’t think this update for the forum is going to work. The old simple linear, page-by-page view was perfectly fine and didn’t need to be updated. This new system doesn’t seem appropriate for a forum like this.

I quite like seeing the stats above people’s posts though.

Colin wrote:A new post has been added by ColinJohnstone:

To be honest, I don’t think this update for the forum is going to
work. The old simple linear, page-by-page view was perfectly fine and
didn’t need to be updated. This new system doesn’t seem appropriate
for a forum like this. He is right! Maybe my answer is on the wrong place.But I do not understand how the new Lingq forum works. I think best would be to take a break from the forum.j :-(.

Glad to hear you like the QuickLingQ toggle! :slight_smile: No immediate plans for a shortcut to play/pause audio, though perhaps at some point in the future it’s something we’ll consider. If you can add it yourself with a quick JavaScript tweak then you’re more than welcome to do so :slight_smile:

OK I’ll do it, thank you for confirming anyway and keep up the good work.

It’s ok that the list of topics is being additionally loaded via ajax, however using ajax for the initial list makes browsing slower.

P.S. I like the design.
P.S.S. Hopefully some BB-Codes, at least for quoting, are going to be introduced.

Yes, this new system is very messy and confusing.

Just an update on this! We pushed a few fixes today including:

• Full list of posts will now show for threads on the forum
  • Known Words totals at the top of the thread will now show for the original poster
  • “Watch Thread” option now updates immediately without having to refresh the page
  • Country flags are showing up properly now on the forum
  • Updates to targets for 90-Day Challenge tab on Progress Snapshot

Please note that this weekend is a long weekend in Vancouver (Monday is a holiday), and some of the team will be away tomorrow and Monday, but we’ll put you all in the hands of our trusty new Moderators, and will continue collecting feedback, fixing issues and adding more improvements next week!

And, most importantly, the email links go to specific post now so you no longer have to search for posts…!

It is a work in progress, and in the end will be better with more participation by more members, I am convinced.

Yes, me too. Hitting “enter” is sometimes posting the message. Then I have to go back and edit.

Steve, I don’t understand how that should attract someone. For me it is distracting because the line of posts get lost.