Lithuanian language

Is the Lithuanian language coming as a language into LingQ. I would really appreciate it!

6 Likes

I would like to make the exact same question about Albanian!

3 Likes

Lithuanian yes, it will be added but for Albanian, we don’t have the required material yet. thanks for your patience.

9 Likes

I thank you for the quick and concise answer. Will definitely look forward to Lithuanian. I plan to go vacationing next year and it’ll be really helpful to know the language.

3 Likes

Can I ask when the next language will be added? I hope it’s Vietnamese or Thai

4 Likes

Yes - it would be really cool to know what’s coming next, even without any concrete timelines :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m also interested in Lithianian. Is there an estimation or will it be this month?

I’m also interested in Hindi. Is anything being prepared already?

1 Like

it will probably be Lithuanian. other languages are not ready yet.

4 Likes

when do you think Lithuanian will be added, because I am now in Erasmus till january and It would be really awesome if you added the language before my erasmus ends!

4 Likes

I also hope Lithuanian will be added as soon as possible. For now we have to wait. I don’t think there’s anything we can do.

2 Likes

Hi @sahra.lingq, are there any news about Lithuanian?

4 Likes

I hope so they will add it as soon as possible

3 Likes

@sahra.lingq It’s been two months now since the last update. Are any news about Lithuanian? Is any help needed? E.g. audio recording or review by another native speaker. Thanks in advance for checking it.

2 Likes

I’m so eager to have Lithuanian here on Lingq! Please make it happen soon… thank you so much for adding this amazing language

2 Likes

@Cassius90 Sahra is no longer working at LingQ, but you can direct these sorts of questions to me.

At the moment we are still missing a Grammar Guide for Lithuanian. Once a volunteer submits it, we can start to plan launching the language.

North

4 Likes

For Irish, nobody mentioned a grammar guide. For comprehensible input, there is very little emphasis on grammar and much more on reading extensively. Have the criteria for a new language changed (I’m interested in Irish)?

2 Likes

I did not find a grammar guide for Swahili for instance. However, I get why LingQ demands one. You can, though, easily create a grammar guide with ChatGPT. You just have to prompt something like “Write a grammar guide for (verb tenses) in Irish” and then you go through this guide with a teacher to get corrections.
Talking about AI. I think there is potential to use AI for introducing a pop-up grammar guide. AI could detect grammar in our texts and then link it or to an existing guide or an AI created explanation.
Imagine you come across the phrase “Si el día tuviera 48 horas, aprendería tres idiomas.” and the AI detects that this is a conditional phrase with Imperfect Subjunctive and hence gives you a brief explanation on the topic.

2 Likes

Dear @nsprung , I may be able to help with the Grammar Guide (my wife is Lithuanian), should I contact you in private? How?

3 Likes

I am very happy about You will add Lithuania!! :+1: :facepunch:

3 Likes

Anyone got any update on Lithuanian? I believe Sarah no longer works at lingq.

2 Likes