LingQ 5 for Web launched!

Yes, everything will continue to improve. What do you mean that the page only flips 60% of the time? You mean turning the page in the reader stops working for you?

You should be able to access the new Knowledge Base by clicking the blue question mark icon in the bottom right corner of every page. We will be coming out with new videos.

We were able to do this last time but this time there are incompatible elements preventing it.

This has been the case for me with V4 and V5 now. Molasses for Firefox which is unfortunate because I like Firefox but the world seems to be abandoning it not just Lingq :(. Hope trying with Brave solves the issues.

I had the same problem with the page turn button being unresponsive.

There are lots of things to like about the new version but quite a few bugs, at least for someone using a Chrome browser on a Mac. For example, I had to refresh the browser to be able to turn the page in one of lessons. That happened several times. There also seems to be no way to close the LingQ Support Centre window once it’s opened. In updates, I’d like to be able to order the rows of lessons or to always have mine displayed by course, instead of by lesson. My biggest lament is the images I chose for my courses are now all cropped weird. I love the dark screen.

Do you have “Paging moves to known turned on”? Because our text in v5 is now flowing it isn’t possible to know which segments are complete. Only with “Paging moves to known” on will that tracking be possible I’m afraid.

That shouldn’t be happening but arrowing now does move to Status 4 words. Make sure those words are Status √ (Known) so that they get skipped.

We’ll see what we can do about tightening things up but would you mind sending some screenshots of what you are referring to. We don’t really see display issues like that in the sidebar.

What browser are you using?

We will continue to improve things over time. The ? button that opens the help window turns into an X so you can close it by clicking on that. We will be trying to enable more and more customization of Library and Reader over time now that the rewrite is complete.
The page turn issue is a strange one but has been reported by a few of you so far. We will try and figure out what may be happening there.

I’m enjoying the new dark mode but it’s kind of hard to see the highlighted unknown and learning words because of a lack of contrast.

Upping the contrast might work, though white-ish text on bright blue or yellow backgrounds is probably not ideal to read from.

I think a good solution to this would be to just change the font color instead of highlighting the words in Dark mode.
For example the blue used for hyperlinks is perfectly legible and readily distinguished from the main font color.

In my opinion it’d look pretty good too, and having the words colored like hyperlinks is pretty on brand for LingQ.

Unfortunately, Firefox is known to have performance issues with lots of different sites/services…

I had this issue until I disabled my ad blocker.

Hi,
I definitely find it better to be able to revert it back to the ver.4.
The latest ver.5 LingQ doesn’t work well in my old i-phone 7.
There are still Japanese old versions of LingQ available, yet one LingQ app is applied only for one language such as English, German, Russian, Korean etc, etc. And no LingQ apps for lots of other languages.

Please consider making the side panel bigger, I use the note section a lot of the time, and sometimes multiple definitions. I have to zoom in the webpage / make it full screen for me to see more of it.

Also I can’t turn the page in sentence mode half the time? Not sure if this is a glitch, since the sentence text to speech also stop working.

As far as I can tell, this is only possible if the lesson has audio? If that is the case, it would be removing a very powerful feature of LingQ (being able to search the text and quickly copy words/sentences). This should absolutely be possible in all lessons. What reason would there be to restrict this to audio lessons?

what darkmode? where do i find it

It’s under Settings > General > Theme.

Hi! Just a few question:

1. When you highlight a phrase (two words or more) the shortcuts don’t work anymore (like D for opening dictionary or H for creating an entry).
  2. Is it possible to add a male TTS for Korean?
  3. The article doesn’t explain how the new system (instead of daily Lingqs created) is supposed to work. I don’t understand it.