Importing from YouTube is taking forever. Is it still available?

Why is taking forever to import content from YouTube?
In French, German and Italian I use to import content from the Easy Languages Channels, and it does take some time, but it was usually less than 30 minutes.
Now in each of this languages I have imported one episode and it’s going to 2 days already and AI isn’t done.
In English I import content from the Thomas Frank and from the Jubilee Channel.
It was always right away, but now for the first time AI has taken over and is saying that I have to wait :cry:
What’s happening?

14 Likes

Same here, most videos do not import.

3 Likes

I was just coming to ask the same thing. I’ve been trying to import from YouTube for a few days. It sometimes goes to Pending and then usually fails.

7 Likes

I am having the same issue - for a few days i cannot import from youtube without every attempt failing. I used to import multiple videos from the same channels with no issues. Thanks. The channels have been The Top Comics in spanish and Farouk Comics and Maher Mosly in arabic. And Le Lore in french.

5 Likes

The error is " we are sorry. There was a prDownloader error whilentrting to download. Please delete from library and try again." Or thereabouts.

5 Likes

+1 - seeing the same issue

4 Likes

Ditto. I can no longer import from youtube (which worked until several days ago). It takes hours and then fails with the message:

Failed to import this lesson.

4 Likes

The same here. The videos remain forever as ‘pending’ until I delete them and start all over. Then the same happens again.

4 Likes

I’m struggling with the same issues. Only a few videos are uploaded in Lingq, but the majority failed.
I hope this is a bug to fix, because I use a lot this functionality
Andrea

6 Likes

Frankly I’m getting sick of the shoddy nature of LingQ. Nice idea, shame about the implementation. The YouTube importer and player really feel like a series of beta releases.

5 Likes

Same issue…frustrating.

4 Likes

Our team is looking into the issue. Thanks for your patience everyone.

7 Likes

My impression is that this is ai-related. At least on my end the lesson is pending due to ai transcription.

4 Likes

+1 same issue here!!

5 Likes

Thanks a lot Zoran for your feedback. Let us know please updated on this matter that it’s really impacting in our learning journey

7 Likes

its not their fault, youtube changed things that affect third party applications

the chrome import still works if the video has actual (real human added) subtitles. Only the whisper transcription does not work anymore

8 Likes

Well there are many serious bugs in the YouTube mode, this being the worst. From a user’s perspective, all that concerns me is whether or not it works. Clearly the fact that they are dependent on YouTube means that they cannot guarantee availability of videos and imports. I’ve had several films blocked by the video creator, either before importing, or some time afterwards. LingQs strength is that YouTube has a huge library of videos on a wide range of subjects, and it provides rapid access to dictionaries.

And this isn’t the first import failure, I have a long list of films that didn’t import before this latest problem.

5 Likes

I experience the same issue :slightly_frowning_face:

7 Likes

Same here. From a few days ago (I can’t remember the exact date) youtube import is not working at all

6 Likes

The same here, Error message when I try to open imported video: “AI features can take some time. Try this lesson again later”. It does not work even after 1 day. Please fix it or communicate clearly limitations. This feature is very important for me.

13 Likes