Help Translate LingQ into Your Language

Hi Everyone,

We are looking for help in translating the site. Take a look at this page, Help Translate LingQ, to see what languages we are looking for. We very much appreciate any help you can give us!

Hi Mark, I know you are not looking for Dutch translations at the moment, but I thought you should know I have already started translating items for the Dutch library, should LingQ get one, and I would be happy translating anything else you need for your website in to Dutch. Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

I could help for German.

Hi Nicole,

In talking to Mike, I don’t think it will be that difficult to add Dutch as a native language on the site. Babylon does have Dutch dictionaries. I will send you all the translation files and links so you can start translating them in preparation. Thanks for the offer!

Hi Vera,

That sounds great. I will send you the links to the Help files.

Hi Mark, I got the file, shall I translate everything that is not ?

Hi Nicole,

Yes, please! I will send you a few more files shortly.

Hi Mark, many words in the text have capital letters (for instance Update button), which are unusual in Dutch. Do they have a special purpose, or can I leave them out in my translation?

Hi Nicole,

Just do whatever is natural and makes sense in Dutch. As long as our Dutch users are happy, we’re happy!

O.K. I have another question, what does unticking archived items mean?

Hi Mark, I am also dutch. Maybe I can help too with the dutch section. Probably I’m not as good as darbanville, but I am a native. It’s up to you…what do yo say?

gr. sjoerd

Hi Nicole,

It just means that there is a box beside each lesson that can be ticked or unticked with a tick mark. Just like the “Watching thread” tickbox on this thread in the forum can be ticked or unticked.

Hi Sjoerd,

I think Nicole’s done most of the Help files but I will email you details for the translation tool for the ui. Thanks for your offer!

Mark, I have finished translating the files you sent me.

What does “Referral Code” mean? (It is #118, #227)

A referral code is a code or number that people can be given and which will give them a discount or points or something if it is entered into the system. These codes appear on the registration and account pages.

Hoi Sjoerd, in een groter bestand dat ik bewerkt heb (en waarvan ik nog niet gezien heb dat jij het ook gekregen hebt) heb ik een aantal van de buttons een naam gegeven. In de teksten waaraan jij werkt zal ik de namen van de buttons aanpassen, zodat het verband tussen de uitleg die je vertaalt en de buttons waarover iets uitgelegd wordt duidelijker is. Sorry dat ik daardoor soms iets moet veranderen waaraan jij zojuist geschreven hebt!

Ja ik vond sommige dingen ook heel raar. Ik vertaal het wel gewoon zoals ik denk dat het goed is. Niet alleen grammaticaal, maar ook functioneel zodat de users het het beste begrijpen. Als ik iets verkeerd heb vertaaldof uitgelegd, mag je dat gewoon veranderen. Ik weet niet of jij hier ook over gaat…?

gr. sjoerd

Tsja, er over gaan klinkt wel heel officieel. Ik geloof dat we een aantal hulpteksten allebei hebben gekregen. Als jij bij mijn teksten iets ziet dat ik verkeerd gedaan heb, wil jij het dan ook verbeteren?
Groetjes van Nicole.

Ja, maar hoe kan ik dan zien welke teksten van jou zijn?

gr. sjoerd

Hoi Sjoerd, ik ben bijna klaar. Misschien wil je het straks nog even doornemen?
Groetjes van Nicole.

Zo snel gedaan…ja is goed. Ik kijk nog wel even door.

gr. sjoerd