Extension: Rooster Selection Import - Append Words/Phrases to Lessons

ROOSTER WEB EXTENSIONS CATALOGUE

Rooster Selection Import (FREE) (FIREFOX ONLY)
Browser extension to import selected words and phrases from around the internet to your LingQ Lessons

OVERVIEW

• The LingQ Importer creates a new lesson for each imported page.
  • This Importer appends highlighted words / phrases to an existing LingQ Lesson

LATEST PATCH

Full Patch Notes

• Bug fix for Create new course dropdown option
  • Added a highlighted selection helper menu Word hints, Transliteration and Text to Speech options

• Removed red limit line at top of screen
  • Added error alerts if language/lessonid is missing, if network error or LingQ details invalid
  • Added Keybind and rebinding options to import selected text. (Menu does not need to be visible)
  • 2 second forced delay between adding text by keybind
  • Added dedicated lesson/language variables which can be uncommented in the code to always use those variables.

1.10 → Initial Release

FEATURES

• Simplified GUI Menu. (Only Lesson ID/Language required)
  • Attempted persistence of LessonID and LingQ language
  • Create new Course/Lesson with 1 click
  • Single word, Single Sentence and Multi-Sentence support
  • Text to Speech of highlighted selection
  • Word hints for highlighted selection
  • Transliteration of highlighted selection

INSTALL
FIREFOX | MANUAL INSTALL

PICS

Fresh Lesson

Adding More stuff
Word Hints and Text to Speech options for highlighted selection

4 Likes

I’m impressed by your coding abilities - you developed this feature in less than one day! I’ve tried it and works like a charm. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for the props, although I must confess I used 95% recycled code from other projects.

1 Like

Additional suggestions for this tool (hopefully they are technically feasible):

1. Possibility to set a course and lesson as default, so that you don’t need to select it on each browser tab separately.

2. Enable a keyboard shortcut to automatically append the highlighted sentences under the default course/lesson.

Thanks!

Tough to do on Firefox. Chrome has browser synced settings but Firefox relies on local-storage which is webpage specific.
An upside is if you frequent the same websites the settings will start to persist.

What I can do for you is add some commented out code lines at the top of the script.
You would just need to open the file, remove the // from the front of dedicatedLanguage/LessonId and set those values to whatever you want.

Sounds good

1 Like

Thanks, but no need to add additional code: selecting the course takes literally a couple of clicks, so no biggie. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I gave this extension a try and found it very useful. Thank you so much!

1 Like

LATEST PATCH

• Bug fix for Create new course dropdown option
  • Added a highlighted selection helper menu Word hints, Transliteration and Text to Speech options
1 Like