Extension: Rooster IQIYI Tools for LingQ - `Netflix of China` Overlay

ROOSTER WEB EXTENSIONS

ROOSTER IQIYI TOOLS FOR LINGQ
Extra features for language learners when watching videos on IQIYI.

Buy IQIYI Tools (Premium) | Video Tools User Guide | Permanent Install Guide
*Note: IQIYI Tools are included in Master LingQ Premium

License Info
  • After purchasing MasterLingQ or IQIYI Tools from SendOwl you will be sent an email automatically from me with your license code. If you paid via donation I will generate and send a code to you manually.

OVERVIEW
Having been founded by the Chinese tech giant Baidu, iQiyi stands as one of the best Chinese streaming platforms offering high-quality video content to entertain consumers. It’s often dubbed the Netflix of China, especially with its 413 million active users. (Source)

LATEST PATCH NOTES

• Bug fix for caption box not resizing correctly when highlighting phrases in the captions when using translit/word translation overlay

• Added a Line Stroke Order GIF and diagram to the clicked word GUI for Chinese.
  • Added Individual Character Definitions and their pinyin to clicked word GUI for Chinese
  • Added translation caching for instant reloads of same words clicked this session
  • Bug fix for clicked word GUI failing to load in some rare cases
  • Bug fix for translation failing to load for Chinese in some cases
ALL PATCH NOTES

• Bug fix for caption box not resizing correctly when highlighting phrases in the captions when using translit/word translation overlay

• Added a Line Stroke Order GIF and diagram to the clicked word GUI for Chinese.
  • Added Individual Character Definitions and their pinyin to clicked word GUI for Chinese
  • Added translation caching for instant reloads of same words clicked this session
  • Bug fix for clicked word GUI failing to load in some rare cases
  • Bug fix for translation failing to load for Chinese in some cases

• Added More Hints mini button to the Mouseover Word GUI
  • Added Show Hints to the Clicked Word GUI popup
  • Added Use Machine Translate as an additional setting when loading from LingQ text
  • Style fix for Mouseover Word GUI shifting when using the buttons in some cases
  • Style fix for button positions in the Clicked Word GUI popup

• Added an Update Color Preset button
  • Multiple bug fixes for presets in the Word Colors menu
  • Bug fix for load of selected preset on overlay ready

• Bug fix for LingQing new words with Chinese as the selected dictionary

1.10 → Initial Release

1 Like

I’d be interested in adding IQIYI to the list of video sources I use for immersion. I know Chinese streaming platforms and TVs usually have hard subs, that is great because lack of subtitles isn’t a problem, but usually they are hard subs that need to be read by ourselves or converted into text by using OCR. Soft subs instead can be downloaded directly and could be fed into Lingq. Does IQIYI have soft subs? Can I use Rooster to create lessons from IQIYI videos directly?

1 Like

IQIYI has a mixture of soft and hard sub videos. From my tests, most videos had both versions. If the soft subs are available they are directly imported.

2 Likes