Extension: Rooster Import - Transcribe Online Videos and Import Spotify Songs

I tried it both zipped and unzipped. It didn’t work either way.

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of your error? I don’t have enough information to help

1 Like

After it failed I deleted the file. I’d need to re-download and do it all again. It’s not important anyway, once it’s in the Firefox store I’ll install it then, but the error pop up didn’t explain anything as I recall. It just said it couldn’t install because it was a corrupt file. Once unzipped and tried that way, when you go to the add-on page, search for the file on your computer, and click it to install, it didn’t work, and when the file was opened it appeared empty.

1 Like

Large new patch has been released for Rooster Transcribe.

PATCH NOTES
→ 1.16

• New conversion method (Extract Subtitles and Google Translation of subtitles)
  • Creates LingQ Lesson with Text/Translation. (Audio is also imported for LingQ Librarians)
  • Downloads Text and Translation to your PC as a text document.
  • Multiple GUI Updates (Quality Select, Close Button)
  • NOTE: You can enter a video from these additional websites. If they have subtitles it will download them but will not create a LingQ lesson.
  • dailymotion.com | viki.com | facebook.com | vimeo.com | kocowa.com

Edit: Install link was directing to the wrong file. Fixed on original post.

2 Likes

Have you decided not to put this on the Firefox store?

1 Like

@Cantagorous Firefox declined to host it because I was too liberal with the website permissions in the settings file. Not a difficult fix to bring it up to their standard but slightly tedious. I’ll resubmit in the next couple days.

see here for manual install on Firefox

1 Like

That worked. But I’ve tried it and have been waiting 5 minutes for it to transcribe and still nothing. It seems stuck at the “Starting-…” phase. On a 4:30 video.

1 Like

Interesting. Can you try the other Conversion option and let me know if its working for you.

1 Like

I switched to YTConverter and that seemed to work. When I looked for the lesson though I couldn’t find it.

1 Like

Check the course you imported it to it should be there, transcribed lessons can take a short while to show up.

1 Like

10 minutes so far and still nothing. Later I’ll try a different video and see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Only thing I can say Is to watch the Video and see if anything different happened for you.

You can press F12 and click Console. This will show any errors that occur in the process.

1 Like

I’ve figured out what caused the problem. One or two of my ad and script blockers were interfering.

2 Likes

Great to hear! Now to import all the videos…

1 Like

Hey, @roosterburton!

What’s the difference between the top two choices?:

• YT5S - Video Transcribe
  • YTConverter - Video Transcribe

Not sure if I missed it listed here.

Thanks!

P.S. And just to be sure, the SaveSubs - Text and Translation Import option “[d]ownloads Text and Translation to your PC as a text document.”?

1 Like

Just a backup in case one of the methods breaks. One of them might produce better audio too, havn’t tested it properly.

If its a Youtube Video it will create a LingQ lesson with the information, If its from those other sites it will download the Text and Translation to your PC.

2 Likes

Rooster Transcribe is no longer just Transcribe

As of 1.20
→ Spotify imports with the original Audio

As of 1.18
→ Spotify Lyrics Import
→ Subtitle and Translation Import of Multiple Video hosting websites
→ Download MP4 and video data files of external websites
→ Transcribe Youtube Videos

2 Likes

The options for LingQ Courses seem to be missing via Firefox with Rooster Transcribe/Import 120:

I clicked on a few options to check.

Also, is there another way to get the Course ID number from LingQ?

Thanks!

1 Like

In that picture your video language is ‘en’, not ‘ko’. It will be displaying your English courses on LingQ (Which I assume are none)

CourseID from URL

3 Likes

Yup! That did it!

Good to know to keep it on Ko since I won’t have any en learning to do.

This video had Korean dialogues (conversations) but verbal English grammar explanations, so I got confused.

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

P. S. Thanks for the course ID info! I hadn’t noticed that before!

1 Like