Web Browser Extensions (Software) for LingQ

Word Fragments! Especially welcome for Korean!!
(Korean word particles are a doozy).

3 Likes

More updates coming for Rooster Observer soon!

Great to hear. I was testing it out in Korean to try replicate your problem and the fragments were all saying ‘null’. I’ve fixed most… languages but there could still be outliers.

2 Likes

Automatic Lesson Translator Community Version has just been released. Please leave me feedback regarding upper use limits.

1 Like

Woah, I need to check this out! Word fragments for Korean! I second WillowMeDown!

This is awesome! And exciting! :smiley:

Is this under the Rooster Observer extension?

3 Likes

Check it out!

1 Like

Manual Installation via Firefox (for quick access):

To install an extension temporarily:

• open Firefox
  • enter “about:debugging” in the URL bar
  • click “This Firefox”
  • click “Load Temporary Add-on”
  • open the extension’s directory and select any file inside the extension,
    or select the packaged extension (.zip file).

The extension installs and remains installed until you remove it or restart Firefox.

Source: Temporary installation in Firefox | Firefox Extension Workshop

Video provided by Firefox:

Note: After be sure to follow @roosterburton instructions for enabling the extension—if needed—mine automatically gave permission:

2 Likes

@sarjag

I would have to setup a Linux VM and investigate. Have you tried manual install from the source code and other browsers on your linux OS? Also can you tell me if there are any script errors showing up in the console?

2 Likes

Good stuff. Yomichan is an awesome addon, wish there was more like it.

Not sure, probably some unintended interaction. If it happens again send me over the error

1 Like

I use Safari. Any plans to develop this extension for Safari? (If not, please let me know why – I may be able to help if there’s a problem.)

2 Likes

I don’t own a MAC, I couldn’t test or deploy the extension.

1 Like

Pro tip: If the extension has already been updated for the day (or recently) and you’re not seeing updates you should be seeing. Uninstall and reinstall the extension to get the most recent update (as soon as @roosterburton announces an update since updates are always quick and frequent—when needed with all their extensions).

You’ll most likely have to re-customize the add-on to your needs again—depending on the extension (like with the Rooster Hotkeys extension)—but sometimes, getting the most recent update quicker is worth it—in my opinion.

Otherwise, just wait until it updates on its own with your automatic updates setting shown by roosterburton.

2 Likes

Some additional images/instructions for Chrome users:

1. Toggle on “Developer Mode”:

2. Click “Load unpacked” and click on the unzipped file version of the extension:

Note: This is what I had to do for my first time manually installing something on the Chrome browser. I thought I would share these extra tips and images!

1 Like

Feature I would appreciate:

Basically Language Reactor directly connected to LingQ.

I wish I could just watch videos on youtube and LingQ words from the subtitles directly there instead of needing to go to the LingQ website and use the reader. As the LingQ video player isn’t good I have to watch a youtube video on one half of the screen and do the LingQing on the other half and this is a slow process. Thanks for your hard work

2 Likes

I had not heard of Language Reactor but it looks like a very capable tool. Have a look at the results that are returned from a simple word search.

This is a query on Language Reactor for Finnish-English (using word jääkaappi)

https://lb.dioco.io/base_dict_getFullDict_6?form=jääkaappi&lemma=&sl=fi&tl=en

I will look at incorporating this info directly into my AutoLingQ feature. (using the ChatGPT form / Highest confidence ms_form result.)

This is possible, I’ll add it to the dev list.

2 Likes

@StewartLikesLingQ

I’ve added Language Reactor AutoLingQing to Master LingQ Premium from version 1.63.

That tip was very beneficial for my software and personal learning.

Send me a message with your google e-mail address and I’ll give you free access to Master LingQ Premium

4 Likes

Sweet!! Yes! Language Reactor is great! I’ve been using it in tandem with LingQ since I joined!

Glad you like it, too!

3 Likes

Good to know, i’m quite impressed with the data available for each word. Will try to integrate these features a bit more… probably updates for observer.

@StewartLikesLingQ
Working on some LingQ Youtube tools. (Translations directly underneath the subtitles and LingQing words directly from the Youtube Video). There will be some mechanism that imports the content and links the lesson with the Youtube video. This will also incorporate the Language Reactor tool to display and send the data to LingQ.

Likely to be a MasterLingQ Premium exclusive and should be initially available in a couple days.

2 Likes

Wow awesome. Just sent. Can’t wait to try it out. This is gonna make life so much easier. Thanks a mil rooster

1 Like

Hi Rooster,
Did you make the “A flexible menu that displays account statistics” available to others?
Does your plug-in work with any / one particular browser?

1 Like

Hi Rooster,
Did you make the “A flexible menu that displays account statistics” available to others?
Does your plug-in work with any / one particular browser?

Or can/ should I got with google sheets and somethign like this (this vesion has problems).
=IMPORTDATA(“https://www.lingq.com/api/languages/el/stats/”)

1 Like