Extension: Rooster AutoLingQ - LingQ all new words with 1 click

ROOSTER WEB EXTENSIONS CATALOGUE

ROOSTER AUTO LINGQ (FREE)
A Web extension to automatically create LingQs for new words in a lesson.

Give old mate @nsprung some credit too.

LATEST PATCH

→ v1.19 Finish lesson alert popup if new words present in lesson
→ v1.18 Now chooses the most complete LingQ instead of most popular

BASICS | FEATURES | LIMITS

BASICS
→ Open any lesson → Click Auto LingQ → When progress finished → Refresh page

FEATURES
→ Turns all blue cards into fresh LingQs
→ Uses the most complete definition from the community
→ Related phrase pulled from the lesson context

LIMITS
→ Maximum lesson length of 1000 unique words.
→ If LingQ has no definitions it returns nothing

INSTALL THIS SOFTWARE

FIREFOX & ANDROID | CHROME | SOURCE CODE

Creates LingQ using the longest definition available.
imageimage

Finish lesson confirmation popup if new words are present in lesson

7 Likes

i added chrome extension but it is doing nothing it is simply added on my chrome browser.

Thanks for the feedback!

ROOSTER AUTOLING PREMIUM PATCH 1.13 - 1.15
→ Auto ignores words with no hints that translate to the same word
→ Added fragment support for Arabic, Bulgarian and all European characters. (Asian and Latin were already included)
→ Added support for tag1/2 in the CSV import

ROOSTER AUTOLINGQ PATCH 1.18 - 1.20

→ Added fragment support for Arabic, Bulgarian and all European characters. (Asian and Latin were already included)
→ We no longer choose the most popular LingQ. Instead we select the most complete LingQ!

This should remove the bad options that sit at the top.

imageimage

2 Likes

Hi, using the AutoLing on Chrome. It seems to go through the count of creating but then doesn’t seem to have created anything. I reloaded the page and that didn’t work either. I went to the next page to see what would happen and the blue words became known words. I’m using the extension with spanish and my native language is english. Any suggestions? That was with the LinQ database choice. When I tried the Reactor DB choice nothing happened and it just sort of ended.

I think I read that you say these things work better with Firefox. I’ll have to try using them more with that browser and see what happens.

I’m just scratching the surface of the various extensions and the reader is a pretty good addition. I don’t want to only be negative. It looks like you’ve put in a lot of work and there is going to be mostly positives as I explore.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry you’re having these issues. Lets try and fix it for the next person.

It may be a problem with native language setting.
See this link and let me know what your settings say. This is mine when set to Spanish.
https://www.lingq.com/api/v2/profiles/

Thanks for the feedback. It’s actually good because it lets me know what needs to be fixed.

I recommend you try out the Youtube Tools if you havn’t already. Probably the best extension of the bunch.

Next page to Known is a setting related to LingQ that you need to toggle off in the reader settings.