ETA on LingQ 5.0?

Any chance of a sneak preview? Zoran? :grin:

No! :grin: Took a bit longer that expected, lot of work. But we are making progress and we hope to launch it, probably in September.

Getting it right is faster than getting it quick. (Or is getting it right quicker than getting it fast?) Patiently looking forward to the new release. I’m adverse to change for change’s sake, and I was skeptical of the last big change. I was quickly won over by the current reader, though, so I remain optimistic about the next big update.

In any case, get your rest, Zoran. There will probably be lots of questions and support requests regardless of how ready the software is and how smoothly the update goes. We apprecieate your support work.

Is there a release date yet?

Interestingly I just did one of those DNA ancestry tests and found a decent amount of ancestry from both Brittany and Cornwall that I didn’t know existed. Now Breton at least is on my radar since I don’t think Cornish has any speakers left.

It didn’t, but there has apparently been a revival effort, and last I heard there were some 500 people who can speak a reconstructed Cornish.
Anyway, I am now sitting on 40 translated and recorded Breton mini stories, plus some more just translated, but it’s been a bad few weeks at work and I’ve not had much time/energy for audio editing. I will get there, though.

Will there be a solution to the problem of Xiaomi devices? (no option to lingQ phrases).

I was wondering this a crash happened yesterday and I thought the they intentionally took the servers down for the update but that was not the case. Is there an official date?

I was also hoping the downtime was so they could update to Lingq 5.0 - I was a bit disappointed when it wasn’t the case!

Icelandic :slight_smile:

any update on lingq 5.0?

Yep, any update on ETA 5.0?

Any update on lingq 5.0?

From the handbook of software development: “It’ll be ready when it’s ready”. :slight_smile:

European day of languages? :slight_smile:

Almost October … Any update on lingq 5.0 please? Tnx

Yea, we have been left in the dark…

Yep

Isn’t that handbook from the “True but Not Helpful” series?
Here’s something from the “True and Helpful” collection: “The closer you are to a software release, the better you can estimate the release date.” :slight_smile:

it seems so. I purchased my annual membership because I thought 5.0 was imminent, I hope they still plan to launch soon