Disable "Streak Loss"-notification

Hi there.

It’s just a minor thing but it would be nice if the notification that pops up when a streak got lost could be disabled. Not everyone learns the same way, and not everyone uses all tools every day. And some of us don’t bother with streaks and points :wink:

Regards

1 Like

I’ve been using LingQ for several hours every day for a year. In that time, I’ve read over 800,000 words from novels I import. After all that time, I still have absolutely no idea what “coins” are. I earn hundreds every day, but still clueless :slight_smile: And if I needed streaks to maintain motivation and interest, I’d give it up and go work in the garden instead. But as you said we all learn in different ways and they may change from one day to another.

Go to Settings > Reader, and there you can disable the “Streak and milestones popups”.

This setting is already disabled. It doesn’t affect the popup about the lost streak, though, that asks you on whether you would like to restore said streak.

1 Like

Thanks, we will look into that and see what we can do.

2 Likes

I, too, would like the streak loss disabled and preferable the whole streak feature and daily minimum option disabled. Not only do I get the popup in the app but I get an email. I do not need the system to tell me that. I study nearly everyday already on my own but there are days when I can’t or can’t do the minimum and that’s OK. I’m still learning. The streak doesn’t matter to me. It doesn’t not give me motivation, I already have that. We should be able to have the option to disable that feature.

2 Likes