Chrome Extension Under Review and Not Available For Download

The Chrome Extension review process seems to have no end so we have posted the extension for manual download here: Get the LingQ Importer Chrome Extension!. We apologize for any inconvenience. This latest version should fix many issues associated with Youtube and Netflix import.

Hi Mark, if we have an importer extension installed already do we need to uninstall it first, or do we just follow the instructions to the letter and it will replace the existing extension? Thanks.

Hi Mark,

will the extension ever be restored to full functionality? I don’t care for which browser as long as imports are working again.

The latest version should also now be available at the Chrome Web Store. It should be working properly. What isn’t working for you?

Everything works fine with Netflix but not with česka Televize.

For example

Error: 0: ERROR: Unable to extract iframe player url; please report this issue on Issues · ytdl-org/youtube-dl · GitHub . Make sure you are using the latest version; see youtube-dl/README.md at master · ytdl-org/youtube-dl · GitHub on how to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output.

Importing from this side worked well before the crash.

Thanks, I’ve passed that along to our team.

The extension has (finally) been approved!

I’ve been having problems for about 3-4 days with the Chrome Extension “unable to parse”. It says I need to get the “upgraded extension” but when I go to the extension page, it doesn’t give me an option to download, indicating that I’ve already downloaded it. I go over to Safari and have the same problem. Please advise what I should. Earlier in the work it was working fine.

I have also had these problems intermittently. We are looking into it. But, after reloading, or closing and opening a new tab or importing from a different source it all seems to work. Make sure to use the newest Safari extension as well if you aren’t doing so. Anyway, keep trying and then it seems to work. Sorry about this.

The import works again but with longer videos only part 1 is being importet.

For example:

Epizoda 1/13 - Neviditelní | Česká televize

I would like it to grab the complete subtitle file again. Could you check again, what can be done? Many thanks.

@ramonek Please note that sometimes there is a delay and other parts take more time to import. Please check again now and let me know if complete subtitles were imported successfully.

I have also had these problems intermittently.
But now It is ok

I like watching the SHERLOCK Holmes tv series. The series uses clear English. It’s convenient when exploring.

@zoran You are right. It is working now.

Hi guys. Seems to be broken again.

Error:ERROR: qeddzIIqR_E: YouTube said: Unable to extract video data

Tried for multiple videos but the one above is ИДЕАЛЬНЫЙ РЕЖИМ ДНЯ! Что такое циркадные ритмы и как быть здоровым? | neofit 67 - YouTube

Was this fixed?

I just downloaded the extension today and it’s stuck on Spanish as the only language option (I’m learning Spanish now but would like to learn French as well). Also after it says it “imports” to LingQ there is no lesson.

Then sometimes this error happens, “Error: No appropriate captions found” even thought I selected Spanish as the CC.

It was fixed while ago, however we are currently experiencing issues with the Chrome extension. We are going to push a new version with fix soon, and as soon as Google approves it, please update the extension and problem will be solved. Thanks for your patience.

hi im having issues when importing from Netflix using chrome

Do you know roughly when it will be fixed? Just tried again now and it still seems broken (

@gregplail Do you have the latest version installed (1.7.19)? We pushed an update with the fix on September 16th.