Can't find anybody for skype language exchange?

I used to speak German fluently as a chil. But I forgot it all after having nobody to talk to when I moved.

Funny how this is MY post and you’re talking ABOUT me instead of TO me. I would appreciate people making HELPFUL suggestions because this is really FRUSTRATING and I’m not really in the mood right now, if you know what I mean!

Do you think writing stuff like that will make me wanna help you?^^

I may help with Arabic ???

not impossible !!!

Since I posted this, I got 4 people to Skype with! Thanks everybody who tried to be constructive and helpful.

“Do you think writing stuff like that will make me wanna help you?” “Now he removed both of them.” “And you think being sassy will motivate me to help you?^^” obviously the intention here was not to be helpful.

I bet if you complained a bit more about how no one on the entire internet wants to do a language exchange with a native English speaker, he’d be more inclined to help you.^^

You didn’t come across anything like this in your month of searching all over the internet?
http://www.italki.com/partners

Lynkusus and Jolanda, obviously he was only posting that comment to be a dick head, and not to be helpful. But, if you support dick head behavior, that’s fine. Paule89, if you’re not going to say anything constructive, please stay off my post. That goes for anybody else on here. Lynkusus, yes somebody else mentioned iTalki and I’m checking it out, but the website is a bit confusing for me. So you’re saying I shouldn’t post on the forum in regards to find somebody to practice with, but you’re encouraged people to make rude smart-ass complaints in my posts?

I think you`re overreacting a little.
My point was that it’s really easy for an English speaker to find a language exchange in just about any language, so if you can’t find one, you’re obviously not searching right. Also, people aren’t going to respond well to a whiny, self-entitled post like this.
Not trying to be mean, just… being honest.
Also, Paul’s great, but that’s your loss.

“he was only posting that comment to be a dick head”

Vielleicht kann der Typ manchmal ein Arschloch sein, aber ich bin bestimmt das arschlochischtes Kerlchen hier.

ColinJohnstone you’re saying that I’M the one being an asshole? I was just asking for people to leave constructive comments. If somebody comes onto a post I make and I ask them to be respectful, and they don’t, then I don’t think that makes me an asshole. But all three of you are ganging up on me and you’re a moderator so I guess you can call me an asshole, or whatever you want and if I don’t just sit here and take it you’ll delete my comments, remove my post, or block me, correct?

Lynkusu, so I say that I’m having trouble finding somebody to have a language exchange with and you call me whiney and self entitled? How am I being self entitled or whiney? Because I say that I want people to be respectful or constructive on a post? I don’t think I should have to tolerate people being rude on a post. If you want to offer something helpful, that’s great and I appreciate it. But why come to somebody’s post when they’re trying to learn only to call them an asshole, whiney, self entitled, etc? Just stay off the post then.

Actually I was calling Paule an asshole, but only as a setup to calling myself the most assholish dude here. Anyway, don’t worry about your messages being deleted, or your account being blocked. There is very little chance of that. My current responsibility as a moderator is simply to delete spam from the forum.

My apologies then Colin. I call myself an @$$hole a lot, but am not used to other people joking around in the same way. I do have some people to talk now, and since I’ve made this post I’ve had several people offer and have been very helpful. I just want to keep things on topic and away from the schadenfreude.

@TomRobers" Lynkusu, so I say that I’m having trouble finding somebody to have a language exchange with and you call me whiney and self entitled? How am I being self entitled or whiney?"

I think she´s talking about how you reacted to my “Now he removed both of them” with “Funny how this is MY post and you’re talking ABOUT me instead of TO me. I would appreciate people making HELPFUL suggestions because this is really FRUSTRATING and I’m not really in the mood right now, if you know what I mean!”.

I reacted to that with “Do you think this will make me wanna help you?” and Jolanda and Lynkusu gave it rose, probably because they understand that a comment like that…well…doesn´t make me wanna help you. Saying that Jolanda and Lynkusu support “asshole behaviour” is ridiculous. They are kind as heck.^^ 2 days after my last comment, you´re still calling me an asshole, a smart-ass, a dick head and whatnot. So yeah, that´s why she called you self-entitled and whiney.

Anyway, your native language is English, finding someone for a language exchange is waaaay easier for you than it is for everyone else. If you can´t arrange a language exchange with one of the 1,000,000,000 or so people who are learning your language, it´s your fault. Sorry.

Figure out how to use iTalki and you´ll be fine.

PS: Your profile says that you want to learn “sign language” but there´s no language called “Sign language” just like there´s no “tongue language”.

You´ll have to decide WHICH sign language you want to learn. There´s American Sign Language, French Sign language…

Again, please stay off my posts. I’ve told you many times, that your negative comments are not welcomed and I don’t approve of you bothering me on my posts.

Also, most of what you’re saying are outright lies.

This is a public forum, you can´t ban people from a thread just because you don´t like what they have to say. You can either ignore these people or have a discussion with them.

“Also, most of what you’re saying are outright lies.”

What exactly did I lie about? It shouldn´t take much effort to show where I told “outright lies”.