20 min listening = 100 coins?

It’s been a while since I listened to content in LingQ, and I noticed recently that I now only need to listen to 20 minutes of material to hit my daily target of 100 coins. I remember when the “new” LingQ was launched a couple of years ago, getting 100 coins just by listening would, I believe, require a full hour of listening.

Did the formula for converting listening time to coins change? I’m not complaining, as I find the 20 min = 100 coins formula motivates me to listen to just 15-20 minutes a day, especially on days when I don’t have time to sit down and read or when I’m on vacation. Just wondering. Also, is there an updated page on understanding how to earn coins other than the 1-5 coins per word?

1 Like

Hi @devinbrazier Yes we just tripled the amount of coins earned for listening. Instead of 100 coins for an hour of listening, you now earn 300 coins. So 5 coins a minute. We felt that listening deserved more weight. So we made the change.

This article shows a full breakdown of how coins are rewarded: 20 min listening = 100 coins?

6 Likes

Did you mean this article: How to Earn Coins and What To Do With Them

2 Likes

Thank you. It’s a nice change in my opinion.

2 Likes

Yes @BasketQase thanks

1 Like