Youtube suddenly not working

I really appreciate LingQ. Often I use youtube-material. Unfortunately I suddenly detect a dysfunction in using Youtube-videos. I have installed the LingQ-Firefox-extension. But now I am regularly informed by: “Error: Importing failed - No captions found”. Using the website Import-Function, there is also no way to import. What can I do?

8 Likes

Same here. I cannot import videos from Youtube. I am getting the same error message " Error: importing failed - No captions found"
Technical help needed.

4 Likes

Same here. It’s the only functionality I use for lingQ

4 Likes

I’m facing the same problem here, and unfortunately, this isn’t the first time.

As an advanced learner, this is the most important feature for me.

This situation is unacceptable!

4 Likes

Not been working for me for nearly 4 days !!

3 Likes

It hasn’t worked on my end in almost a month.

2 Likes

You can use an online tool to convert your YouTube video to MP3 and then import this MP3 as an audio file and whisper will transcribe it. It is complicated and roundabout, but it is the only solution I have found. The import Lingq import seems to be gone. At least when it comes to YouTube.

1 Like

Thank you, I have tried this solution. The only problem is you have to shorten the length of mp3-files to 20 minutes!

2 Likes

The cut-off is not by the minute but 60 mb. But you are right. Bigger files need to be cut. It is really just work-around after work-around on here.

2 Likes

And that’s why I cancelled my subscription. Too many things just not working properly

5 Likes

I have had the same problem for a while. In the past I was able to load YT videos from my Android phone. However, when I have tried to load YT or other content from laptop the categories are quite different and I have no idea how that works. This is disappointing to me as a I am far happier working on laptop than on phone.

1 Like

Yes, the only reason I am using Lingq is for YouTube videos. I have no idea how to make an MP file. I need an easier method to import videos. Is there anyone who actually works at Lingq? I don’t see how I can contact someone for help on this issue.

3 Likes

I had a reply from Zoran who confirms they are working on the issue.

Interestingly, if I click on a YT video and the subtitles start automatically (mine is Arabic) then I can successfully import to LingQ but if I have to press on the button to turn on the subtitles then I get the message saying there are no captions for importing into LingQ. Whilst I do have my YT settings set for subtitles to be on automatically I usually have to manually press the CC button. I’d say I can import 1 in every 6 videos and the other 5 I store in a playlist for downloading when the fix is done.

1 Like

Double checked my settings and the CC button in settings wasn’t ticked :woman_facepalming:. Imports for YT are now working again :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you, I had no idea I had to do this. Almost everything now imports, and almost instantly too.

Should I have known this? Is it explained clearly somewhere by LingQ?

I switched to microsoft browser from chrome and it worked

1 Like