Youtube Quick Import Error

Hello, I’ve started getting an error when trying to use the quick import add-in on Youtube. I’ve tried reinstalling it, but the same error occurs.

Ordinarily, I’d try to work out what the error message is telling me, but I have no idea what this error (below) means. Hopefully someone can help?

Error: Importing failed - ERROR: Signature extraction failed: Traceback (most recent call last): File “/srv/parts/youtube_dl/youtube_dl/extractor/youtube.py”, line 1361, in _decrypt_signature video_id, player_url, s File “/srv/parts/youtube_dl/youtube_dl/extractor/youtube.py”, line 1277, in _extract_signature_function cache_res = res(test_string) File “/srv/parts/youtube_dl/youtube_dl/extractor/youtube.py”, line 1344, in return lambda s: initial_function([s]) File “/srv/parts/youtube_dl/youtube_dl/jsinterp.py”, line 258, in resf res, abort = self.interpret_statement(stmt, local_vars) File “/srv/parts/youtube_dl/youtube_dl/jsinterp.py”, line 56, in interpret_statement v = self.interpret_expression(expr, local_vars, allow_recursion) File “/srv/parts/youtube_dl/youtube_dl/jsinterp.py”, line 182, in interpret_expression return objmember KeyError: u’QV’ (caused by KeyError(u’QV’,))

2 Likes

What browser/extension are you using? Do you get the same error with anything you try to import?

Firefox, and whatever the latest version of the importer is - I reinstalled it again today.

The same error seems to appear when trying to import any youtube video.

Also having this problem

same for me as well as with audio imports

Yes. Your YouTube import feature has stopped working for me as well. Edge/Mac. Similar error report as above.

Thanks, we will look into it.

1 Like