YouTube imports fail

+1 issue on Web for importing from Youtube.

6 Likes

I imported the first of those, E150 Faire du volontariat en France, and the import failed during the transcript generation phase.

1 Like

Imports through the web extension also fail.

Tried to download: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCJ0VKn_F_g&t=925s
It says it was "done:

Went to pending: Login - LingQ
with popup message : “Generating lesson AI features can take some time. Try again later.”

Then later I checked the pending list and it failed. Tried a second time with the same result.

1 Like

There has been multiple reports now from users on several platforms. So I wouldn’t assume this to be a platform specific issue. (Which doesn’t mean that there aren’t any)

I can import Youtube Videos with subtitles in the target language. If I transcribe a video on my own which doesn’t come with subtitles and use the transcript to create a lesson, I can link the YouTube video in the lesson and watch it from there. And if the transcript contains timestamps, those work flawlessly, too inside LingQ, causing the currently spoken text to be underlined, as it is supposed to be.

To me it clearly seems to be an AI issue, more so as the issue started shortly after introducing the new ai suggestion feature. My impression is that your team was trying to improve this feature so maybe one of the changes made broke something in regards to ai transciption.

1 Like

I doubt that LingQ has a proper release mechanism with regression testing. YouTube import completely stopped working for me last night. Perhaps that is due to a new release last night. I have auto update enabled.

1 Like

I experience the same issues with regard to the AI function. I get the message that AI content may take a while but it never finishes the import. Since this is a paid application and YouTube import is one of the most important features I sincerely hope the publisher does fix this issue soon!

3 Likes

I am getting the exact same issue

3 Likes

Getting the same issue. Videos are like 10/15 minutes long. Had the same issue when I tried to import my audio for Assimil. Reached out some months ago about this but never got a resolution. Not sure what to do, as this is the main reason I use LingQ.

The one thing that seemed to work recently was using my phone to import rather than desktop, but it did not work with subsequent tries.

2 Likes

Sorry everyone, our developers are investigating the issue.

2 Likes

Hello, quick input from me too. For me the issue is both on iOS and Web version for about ~2 days. The issue only happens sometimes/with some videos. Trying to reimport the video doesn’t fix it either (but did in the past). I let 2 videos try to import for around 10h overnight but its still saying its trying to generate the lesson. I removed them 30min ago and tried again but still not working.
Edit: My browser is Firefox

As for the videos, I tried to import this one but it didn’t work. Other videos from the channel did work.

2 Likes

My videos are way shorter. Only 5-6 minutes and they are still failing to get imported. I have imported exact similar videos from the same playlist earlier and it was quicker with no issues

3 Likes

Please quicker because my i am using the import function to study for my B1 exam and now I cannot.

4 Likes

I’m having this same problem with the plug-in. “AI features may take some time” and then, much later, I get a message that it failed. I also have a failed lesson that has been deleted, but still shows up, and if I try to “delete” it I can’t because it says it has already been deleted.

1 Like

what do i do in the meantime – I download audio from video (I use an app but you can also google any youtube to mp3 tool) and make lingq transcribe it. once done, I add the video link to the lesson. not the ideal solution but at least something :slight_smile:

4 Likes