Youtube and Viki are great to import audio+transcript, are there any others that work? I'm specifically looking for Japanese and Chinese content, thank you!

Youtube and Viki are great to import audio+transcript, are there any others that work? I’m specifically looking for Japanese and Chinese content, thank you!

Hi, Trevor!

Perhaps of interest is: Rhinospike for Japanese: RhinoSpike : Japanese Recordings

Have a nice Sunday
Peter

PS
Tips on how to use “Rhinospike” (I quote from their welcome email)
"RhinoSpike is here to help you train your ears and brain to understand your target language, at native speed. You submit text, a native speaker records it, you get the audio to study. Basically, we provide you with custom-built learning materials, created for you and tailored to your personal interests.
Here are a couple tips to help you out:

1. Keep the text short. Native speakers are more likely to respond if the text is short (less than 300 words). Long texts take longer to record and are more likely to be skipped over!
  2. If you have a longer text that you need a recording for, break it up into several shorter requests.
  3. Record for people learning your language! Recording for others gives your own requests priority.
  4. Thank the person who records for you. It will make them feel good, make you feel good, and they might just record some more stuff for you."
1 Like

Thank you, this ones really neat. In your experience, is the library organized in any particular way, or just by recent recordings?

Unless I’m completely wrong, the library is only sorted by the most recent recordings.
But there is a search function for the more than 73000 recordings in 86 languages (as of today). So you can choose your language and then your subject.
Example:

• Select “Spanish” and enter your search term(s), e.g. “subjunctive” (or in Spanish: “subjuntivo”).
  • Select “Japanese” and search for “Tae Kim: transitive and intransitive verbs”
    etc.

Organizing by subject is probably not feasible with several (tens of) thousands of recordings, at least for the most popular languages like English, Spanish, etc.

However, you can also search the “recordings” and “transcriptions” by hand.
But this is only an OK search strategy when the number of recordings /
transcriptions is limited, i.e. less than 100-200.

www.japanesetranscripts.carrd.co

2 Likes