Wrong translation target language

Since yesterday the automated ai translation is using the wrong target language upon translating. Both my native language and my first dictionary language are set to German, and in the past this language was used for the translation. But since yesterday the translation starts in German just to switch to English after some sentences.

I’ve tried recreating both the translation and the lesson, both of which failed.

1 Like

Please try again now and let me know if you still have issues.

1 Like

Unfortunately the error still persists.

1 Like

Thanks, we’ll check that.

1 Like

Hi @Obsttorte !
Are you using the mobile or Web version of the app?

1 Like

I am using the web version. Windows 10 64bit on Google Chrome.

1 Like

It appears that the issue was only appearing in one lesson I have imported. It was a youtube podcast. Other lessons, including up-following videos from the same youtube channel get translated properly.

I’ve tried recreating the translation to see if anything’s changed, but the error still occours and now it is even telling me that the translation is incomplete, even though this doesn’t seem to be the case. (I haven’t inspected the whole text again, but it shows the correct translation below the last line of the text).

1 Like

I’ve just uploaded a text created by ChatGPT. The translation is again using the wrong language. The first two pages are translated to English, the last one is German.

It isn’t a total showstopper as it works most of the time and I understand English, but it is odd nevertheless.

1 Like

@zoran I need to bump this thread as this issue is still persistant. Sometimes only a few sentences and sometimes the whole text is translated into the wrong language. I even had cases were the target language changed mid-sentence.

Can you please reach us at support@lingq.com? We will investigate this further for you. Thanks.

1 Like

Done. Although I don’t get why I have to write the same thing twice via different channels.