Writing correction

(it maybe shocked for some of you, but I’m really grateful if you can correct my writing here. I have no point, indeed, because I don’t have any credit card to charge and my parents are farmers, they don’t know really much about technology, so they can’t make a card. Also, my friends, most of them don’t like studying online so them can’t help me. Anyway, I still wish sb to help me. So I post this essay.Thanks for your help).
THE ONE PILLAR PAGODA
In consideration of 600 year-old pagoda, The One-pillar pagoda is well-known for its unique architecture. It is located in Ba Dinh district, Ha Noi, on the western side of the city.
One pillar pagoda is named Diên Hựu tự, which means lifelong happiness and good luck. Another name of this is Lien Hoa dai, literally means The Lotus pagoda. This name was not made in random but intentionally. Legend has it that, under the Ly’s dynasty, King Ly Thai Tong often went to pagoda to prayed for baby boy for descending the throne. One night in the year 1049, he dreamt about having a private audience with the Holy Lady ( Phat Ba Quan Am in Vietnamese). She sat on a large lotus which was emerging out of the water in a square-shaped pond, on the western side of Thang Long citadel, giving him a baby. After the mysterious dream, not for a long time, The Queen gave birth to a male baby. The King was so surprised, asking Thien Tue monk. The monk advised the king to build a pagoda in gratitude for the Holy Lady. So the pagoda was built according to the King’s dream. Since then, every year, in the Buddha-bathing ceremony, the king visited this pagoda and prayed for a peaceful and prosperous year. Afterwards, he stood in the the One- pillar pagoda and freeing a bird in the pleasure of monks and laymen alike.
In the One-pillar pagoda’s history, it was extended the area and added Linh Chieu pond in King Ly Nhan Tong’s dynasty. Nevertheless, the pagoda was ravaged by French colonial forces in 1954 for taking revenge for their failure at the Northern part of Vietnam.
The pagoda we see today is the replica of the former one-pillar pagoda 600 years ago. It is refurbished with a concrete pillar standing on a square-shaped pond, at the same place of the former one. It is inspired from a lotus emerging out of the water and blossoming, which is the icon of purity. This unique pagoda is in absorption of hundreds of thousands tourists, both domestic and international.
One pillar pagoda is a remnant of the respect for Buddhism under Ly’s Dynasty. It is also a priceless vestige of the art in the XI century. Nowadays, the one-pillar pagoda is one of the emblems of Hanoi and also Vietnam in general. You can find the image of the pagoda on the back of 5000 dong Vietnamese coin or some logos, posters or even in a cup. It is a roof show us that time can change things, but not everything. And our charge is helping Vietnamese people to protect and develop our traditional value.

Jimmi,
You can earn points here on LingQ by fulfilling requests that other members submit, for example writing corrections in your native language. Even though not all languages are included in the LingQ list, there may still be members who are learning your native language who wish to send writing corrections or other submissions directly to you and award points directly to you. You could make your services known here in the Open Forum.
For example:
Title: Vietnamese writing correction
Message: If you are learning Vietnamese, you can submit Vietnamese writing directly to me, JimmiSmith, for correction.

In the meantime, Jimmi, I will donate points to you so that you can submit your writing in the exchange from here:

or from here:
http://www.lingq.com/reports/

You can pay the points back to me at a later date.

— Bruce

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help and your great suggestion. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!