Words messed up during lessons

Thks Alex, that’s appreciated!

Yes, it still happened in the last hour.

Yeah. It happened to me too 2 or 3 times.

Thanks for following up on this. Do you notice this happening when changing the status, or is it while performing other actions? Have you noticed any pattern as to what might be causing this?

Fixed!, Thanks

I suspect it has to do with using google translate to look up phrases, which often causes a delay. Editing lingqs and adjusting lingq status alone may or may not trigger the problem.

It’s always related to a previously changed word, a moment ago, but I never quite understood how to reproduce it. Tonight I will try to pay more attention.

When it happened today, I tried to understand if there was any pattern. The only things I noticed, is that most of the linqs are OK, but some of them are not. In a each paragraph, for every 5 or 6 linqs, one is interchanged with another. So the problem does not seem to affect only a specitfic word; when I notice the first occurance, I can go back in the lesson and suddently find many errors.

I just noticed that, also, sometimes, the word in the dashboard is the correct word, however the “play word” button plays another word, I had asked to hear a moment ago.

Just a heads up that we’re still working on this one! I’ll hopefully have another update soon regarding this.

I don’t know if you made other changes since tuesday, but I noticed that it is the third lesson in a row that I pass without problem! I don’t remember if it ever happened for a single lesson. Thanks anyway!

OK, great! We’re still working on tweaks to the lesson page (in the midst of lots of other things, of course :P), so we’re going to make absolutely sure that this is working properly before we move on :slight_smile:

We’re working on this one now and think we’ve come up with a solution that should hopefully help prevent the dashboard from displaying incorrect information. This fix should be pushed in the next day or two, but in the meantime I’m wondering if any of you are experiencing the same issue when just using your mouse?

Since the 23th, no problem on my side.
And regarding the mouse, I wouldn’t be able to say because I don’t use it at all (or barely). Keyboard only.

Using just the mouse, I think the problem is gone. But clicking on Google Translate in the drop down menu still won’t get the screen to pop up most of the time.

Great, we pushed a fix just in case that should hopefully prevent any more instances of the dashboard displaying a different word than is selected on the left (and where changing the status for one word changed it for the next word too).

Regarding the Google Translate dictionary not showing, please give this another try (we pushed the update about 30 minutes ago) and let us know if this is still causing issues.

It’s irregular. Won’t open most of the time.

OK, in that case I think this is a separate issue from the one that others were reporting here.

It would be helpful if you would check the error console (Using The Browser Error Console - Garden Gnome) to see if any errors are showing up when the popup doesn’t open. When this happens, just open up the Error Console and send the full text to us at support@lingq.com and we’ll take a closer look into this!