Wiktionary for Ukrainian?

Hello. I saw a post a few months ago about Wiktionary for Swedish, so I guess you have the integration available - could it be added for Ukrainian too please?

2 Likes

Seconded! Wiktionary is one of the most useful dictionaries for most languages!

1 Like

For sure - Wiktionary is one of my top sources for learning. So many useful details to help.

1 Like

Wiktionary has mistakes in Ukrainian. Some natives from a discord server pointed that out.

1 Like

Hm. Perhaps, but then LingQ has some truly bizarre mistakes in Ukrainian itself. Some of the suggested translations are completely off. I suspect it may come from an earlier, less accurate version of Google Translate for Ukrainian…

1 Like

Hmm. Thanks. Hopefully somebody will have fixed the mistakes by now, as they’ve been identified. I believe one doesn’t even need an account to submit edits…

1 Like

I feel like the suggestions in the app improved a lot since one of the updates a few months ago. I think LingQ devs put some work into it, and my impression is it’s better. Much less often do they feel like nonsense, in general they mostly make sense and when I look them up using the Reverso dictionary there’s a good match most of the time. Not perfect, but fairly reliable - like, if it seems to make sense in the context of the sentence, it’s probably decent, in my recent experience.

1 Like

I’ve added it for Ukrainian too now, thanks for your suggestion.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah you have to lookup a lot of words manually because the suggested translation is wrong quite often. That is probably because they come from the community and it seems like ukrainian → german does not have the most users