Why is Czech still a beta language?

I counted over like 300.000 words while I looked over the Czech courses so I guess it easily has over the specified requiements of a normal course but it is still in the beta section of languages. Why is that so?

4 Likes

Czech has had the required amount for quite some while, as another member has pointed out many times so is Belarus. I think it has to do with the fact that there is not that much of a difference between whether a language is beta or supported.

Edit: There was also at one point a problem with Czech specifically, that in some of the lessons the audio quality was really bad.

1 Like

18k activity score? Holy cow! How much LingQ do you do a day?

Quite a lot, not sure how much, the statistic that I am most interested in is how many words I know in total and also vís-a-vís other members.

Although there are a few caveats, the first one being that I lingq almost everything (expect for, well known acronyms, Place names that are exactly the same and names). Based on what I have read there are lingqers who don’t lingq words like international, revolution and those types of cognates.

I don’t know if the fact that you both lingq and add a word to known increases your activity score more than by lingqing the words that you don’t and add them to known by the green button at the end of the lesson. But I suppose that might have something to do with it.

Yes, Czech has not only poor audio in the lessons but also a lot of spelling mistakes. You should be really cautious and double check words in a dictionary.