Where is the 'do you know these words?' screen?

When I am using Lingq on my iPhone, I get this screen when I move from one page to the next - offering me the chance to save my blue words as ‘known’ or save as Lingqs.

Despite having my ‘reader’ options (i.e. 'paging moves to known ’ and ‘auto LingQ creation’ set to ‘off’) set the same on my iPad and my Windows laptop, I do not get offered this option when reading on those devices - the blue words just stay blue as I continue to read.

(It’s particularly weird that the iPad and iPhone versions should behave differently…)

How can I get the first experience across all devices?

Thank you!

3 Likes

Because the paging moves to known is set to off, it means you are able to go through the text without your words accidentally being moved to known. It’s strange that your iphone is behaving differently though.

I personally don’t see the point of this pop up if your settings are on off. It should appear only if paging moves to known is activated to warn you that if you page, the blue words will turn yellow.

1 Like

My Android phone does the same as @jmvillot 's iPhone.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s that actually - when you switch ‘paging moves’ to ‘on’ it automatically turns blue words white without asking - a disaster if you skip forward by accident. This prompt where it asks you about individual blue words is very useful, and I want it to do that on my iPad and laptop as I don’t want to have to click on every blue word that I want to turn white/known.

1 Like

Yes and it’s a pain in the neck because you can’t go through the text without this pop up appearing.

1 Like

I own an iPad as well and have the paging move to known switched off. That way, I am able to flick through the pages without the blue words turning white by accident. Very useful if you want to do extensive reading.

I also own an Android phone and have the paging move to known switched off there as well. However, there is this pop up appearing every time I want to turn a page, which is annoying and makes extensive reading impossible. If the setting is toggled off, blue words should not turn white anyway.

1 Like

True. There are times when I appreciate the popup, but then there are words that start on one page and continue onto the next even though there is no space, so I can’t see the whole word (or full context) without turning the page … But I can see the whole word in the popup…

Edited spelling

1 Like

Sorry - I think I misread your first reply. But ultimately what I’m looking for is a way to get the pop up every time, on all devices. It’s no good to me if I have to click on every blue word individually - nor do I want them automatically becoming known.

2 Likes

@jmvillot If you reset the tutorial on the app, you will get the popup back.

2 Likes

Hi @zoran - thanks for the reply. That worked perfectly on my iPad but I can’t seem to find the same ‘restart tutorial’ option on the PC browser version - could you advise please?

2 Likes

Hi @jmvillot this popup does not exist on web. Only in the mobile apps. If your concern is that you 1) don’t want paging to automatically mark words known and 2) don’t want to have to manually mark each word known, then just finish the lesson and all the remaining blue words will be marked known.

2 Likes