What is correct?

I’m sitting on desk or in desk. What is correct?

It depends on where you are sitting. On the desk would be on top of the desk. In the desk would be difficult, unless you have a very large desk that would allow you to crawl inside. The best choice would probably be “I’m sitting at the desk.” which would mean you’re in a chair in front of the desk.

1 Like

Where I come from, “I’m sitting in my desk” usually means that you’re at school sitting in one of those chairs with the little desk top attached to the side that they call an arm desk or a school desk.

Whereas “I’m sitting at my desk” usually means that you’re at work (in an office job), sitting in a chair in front of your work desk.

When I was in elementary school, we did a skit where one of the other students was sitting on my desk. She was sitting on the desk top while I was seated in the chair. Then without thinking, I got up from the chair and the chair toppled over and she fell onto the floor. She had a shocked look on her face. The audience laughed. Luckily she wasn’t hurt. But I remember feeling really bad about it.

I’m sitting on my desk or in my desk. Which is correct?

Thanks you for helps

Thanks you for helping

You’re welcome.