Is there a summary of what challenges are and how to use them? I found some videos on YouTube, but they all seem to be 45-60 minutes.
My basic questions about challenges are:
- Do challenges include specific lessons?
- Is it just a way of measuring your efforts and giving yourself rewards?
- Do you have to join at the time the challenge starts?
- Is there a brief explanation or blog on challenges?
I think they’re just a way of measuring yourself against other people. They used to have rewards attached to the avatars but that feature is gone now.
Wow, there are 45-60 minute videos on YouTube about LingQ challenges?? As far as I understand, it is a simple feature … just join one, keep studying as usual, and occasionally check in to see if you’re meeting the “goals” of the challenges. To answer your questions…
- No specific lessons
- They provide no metrics beyond what’s already in your “statistics” but they do let you “compete” against other users; the only reward is a “badge” on your profile
- You can join any time, and your progress since the start of the challenge (even before you joined) will be counted
- What is a Challenge?