Web and Mobile App Updates as of July 29th

I made a far too long post about it recently so you can see on their how well the LingQ app works

You can find older threads discussing it, including one from 4 years ago.

I know a few other people on here and on Reddit have said they use LingQ on such devices but I am sure it is a small number. The app already works 100% on such devices so there isn’t anything that needs to be done.

If I was to name one thing that would improve a lot the experience on eInk devices and I think would also be great for normal screens, it would be more options for page turning. I don’t think requiring a swipe is good design. I personally find it painful to swipe the screen with my finger and others have said they get tired after a while doing it, e.g. see this thread

The eInk screens are less responsive so page turning with a swipe can require multiple attempts. What would be great would be the following two features

• The ability to turn the page by pressing the margins, as is possible on the website.

• The option to use the volume buttons on the device to turn the page. This is a great feature of the Kindle app on iOS and Android and is present in other reading apps I think. My reader even has a case with volume buttons specifically to be used by this feature on reading apps.

We will add tapping to page soon to the Android app. Its definitely a better way to page on a tablet. The volume buttons might be something to consider but at the moment I can’t answer for sure.

Thanks for letting us know. We will check to see if we can improve the experience on smaller resolution screens. We will see what we can do about adding the strike out.

yes but the wheel comes up on content that has no audio (like a news article) and it seems to be correlated with buggy behavior. Today for instance I click on a blue highlighted word and it won’t create a link.

Hi,
thank you for the quick response by LingQ’s team!
I prefer this latest version to the previous one. Words or phrases which are marked or inserted with red or green color in bold letter are much easier to read for me. The import function which another user said has bugs can be used now.

@Grism Imports without audio will generate audio if you click to play audio. This also causes that audio control to spin while the audio is generated. What browser are you using and version number that is causing these issues with blue words. We are not hearing this from anyone else.