We need more Android app Beta testers!

what kind of improvement can we see from the android version of lingq?

The whole app has been rebuilt and works like the web app so lessons will be paged not scrolled, the playlist will be synced, mixed review, feed, etcā€¦ Sign up for the beta and check it out.

Mail sent, thank you :slight_smile:

Thanks for warning that scrolling will be removed. I will keep using the old version.

Is there a dedicated place for making Bug reports?
In Arabic, whenever i come across a Word that has the diacrit ā€œchaddaā€ ( like the little ā€œwā€ on top of this word: Ų³Ł„Ł‘ŁŽŲ­Ł‡Ų§ ) it becomes unclickable

Another thing is that changing a hint or adding a secondary hint could be more smooth. I canā€™t make it ā€œsaveā€ my changes.

The lastly thereā€™s the recurring problem of Arabic diacrits - all words with diacrits are shown as blue, even if theyā€™ve once been turned into lingqs (also when coming back to a previously finished lesson) but thatā€™s a general problem with lingq

Hey I am currently one of the Beta testers and I have something that I would like to make you guys aware of!

Hi Thomas,
I invited you to Basecamp, where we share feedbacks and suggestions related to a new app. There you can start new thread related to issue you have, add some screenshots and our Android developer Tiago will take a look into it. Thanks!

Me too! Classic view is the only way I read LingQ on the web app, and Iā€™ve almost completely graduated to using the mobile app on android because of the scrolling feature :slight_smile: Still find it remarkable that they got rid of it.

Just throwing this one out there: a quick-import app for Android would be beyond awesome, so I wonā€™t have to go to my PC when I need to import more articles.

I love the app btw. I posted a few bugs on the Basecamp site.

The diacrits are also a problem in Hebrew. As they are used both in various religious texts and childrenā€™s books, plus most books with have one or two words per chapter were the diacrits are used to ease reading. Itā€™s rather annoying not to be able to save linqs. Iā€™m also having a problem with Hebrew contractions, with the two parts being treated as two separate words. But thatā€™s a problem across lingq platforms. So far Iā€™m enjoying the app.

Yes, we should eventually have this on Android. First we need to get the new app launched, then we can work on improvements and new features. But, any features on iOS, like importing, will be coming to Android.

New web app? Thatā€™s excellent news :slight_smile:

Hi Zoran is it too late to join the beta?

You can still join! :slight_smile: Please send me an email to zoran(at)lingq.com and let me know which gmail address you are using for Google Play on your device. Thanks!

Is there any update on the release date of the Android version of the app?

Weā€™re getting closer. All functionality is in place. Just fixing bugs and tightening things up. The last thing we are working on is the payment system. It does need to be in place before we can launch. Hopefully, we are less than a few weeks away from launch. Stay tuned!

I tried it for a few minutes then I noticed that It didnt have my playlist saved from the web browser version. So I deleted it and now I am just using the web browser version on my android phone. For me the most important function is for it to have the playlist function and that It automatically counts what I listened to.

@alexini - If you are using the current version of the app from the Google Play store, it does not have its playlist synced with the web. You can only find this in the beta version of the app. If you would like to join the beta, let us know. Otherwise, you will have to wait a few weeks for the new version to launch on the Play store.