Watching films in spanish

Hi i am learning spanish? What is the best way to start watching films? Should you watch with the spanish subtitles?

Lo mejor es escuchar y entender lo que estás escuchando. Es posible que necesites utilizar subtítulos en Inglés o en español, o puede que no necesitas subtítulos en absoluto. Le sugiero que trates de escuchar, ya sea con o sin subtítulos. Al poco tiempo, si no entiendes, cambia lo que estás haciendo, si es necesario. También puede ser útil para leer sobre los personajes principales y la trama antes de ver la pelicula.
El mas importante es entender lo que sea suficiente para disfrutar el processo.
Lo siento por los errores en mi escritura. Necesito practicar mucho para restablecer mis habilidades españolas.

Hola ginkgo

Gracias, tú espanol es muy bueno, yo he entiendo lo que has dicho, quizas vere una pelicula con los subtitulos en espanol y después con los en ingles para ver qual es la mejor manera

Thanks to both of you. Of course, it depends on the movie. I can watch many movies without subtitles. I agree that the subtitles do not do any harm whichever language they are in. I agree that watching movies with the subtitles in your own language is helpful for learning even when you know little of the second language. I used to watch Telediario every day for five or six years. Someone told me at first what were the names of the main political parties. I worked out the foootball teams, the traffic accidents and the other incidents just by watching. All this watching and listening really helped me. I think movies are much better. I didn’t have much access to movies at the time. Finding movies and YouTube clips is much easier these days!